What to run in front of my Timmy

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Boogie92801, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

I use the timmy for mild crunch but for a solo I need to add a punch in front of it. I have seen a fuzz in front of it and I liked the results. My power screamer was just ok in front. I tried a 808 moded TS-9 and it too was just ok (I like the mid hump) . I was curious what others are putting in front of a timmy.

2. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Member

The Timmy makes just about everything sound better, but my favorite two in combo with it are the Hellbilly and the ZenDrive. If I had to pick one I'd say Hellbilly. That combo is awe inspiring.

A

3. erksin

erksin Member

Hellbilly and a Blue Boy for me - the Timmy works great with either...

I've also had at various points a Mosferatu, Hot Cake, AC Booster, OCD, Keeley TS-9/808, and Reverend Drivetrain II in front of it - the HBilly and BBoy seems to meld the best to my ears so far.

4. Craise

Craise Member

BJF Honey Bee, Dyna Red or EGDM
    I use the BJF to color my tone and the Tim after them when I need more.
    ;)

5. jero

jero Member

you might want to try an od after the timmy. Somehow if I put my BJF fuzz or od behind my Tim there's less muddiness and more clearness than when put in front of the Tim.

6. Craise

Craise Member

Yes try the tim before and after to see witch you like best. Also depends on how you are running the tim I run mine as a clean boost...so having the BJFs before the tim works best for me...because it doesn't really change the tone of the BJF's just more volume. When you run the tim into overdrives is when I think it gets muddy. But that's just me. Not sure about the BJF fuzz(which one?) But I use my sybil fuzz before the TIM also. The Tim seems to make the fuzz more smooth. But as a rule of thumb try your pedals in different orders to see what works best for your playing style and rig. :)

7. erksin

erksin Member

He has a Timmy...

8. Craise

Craise Member

? Tim and Timmy are the same exact circuit

9. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

Thanks,

I'm going to try the TS after the timmy but I don't think the power screamer is going to benifit by following it. n I wish I could find a fuz that I liked.

10. noises ten

noises ten Member

Hellbilly into a Timmy.. 3 Great sounds there.....

Hellbilly only, Timmy only, Hellbilly into Timmy mmmmmmmm......

11. Seegs

Seegs Member

I've had a Honeybee and Blackstone before the Timmy with great results and I like the Blues Pro, Klon and a Foxy Brown after...

Chow,
    Seegs

12. erksin

erksin Member

Not really, the Tim's boost can really change how the pedal reacts...

13. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

That's one benefit of the Tim over Timmy. The Tim has 2 controllable stages. You can also have the 2nd stage alter the tone... Sounds might sweet

HJ

14. Craise

Craise Member

What does this have to do with anything? The TIM and TIMMY are 95% the same pedal. The TIM can do all the sounds of a TIMMY So what's your point..I think you are nitpicking here.

15. erksin

erksin Member

Dude, I'm not gonna get into it with you. He was specifically asking about the Timmy, 5% or not - the Tim is different.

Have a good holiday...

16. Craise

Craise Member

No Dude..I think you did want to get into it with me...that's why you are nitpicking the stacking sounds of a TIM and TIMMY. :horse

17. sstweed

sstweed Supporting Member

I'll second that the Blackstone can sound good into the Timmy. I am not a fan of stacking, sometimes even this stack. But it is by far the best stack I have ever used. Just for those times when the Blackstone, which just gets into medium gain on its own, isn't enough. Careful though, both pedals have to be set fairly low gain to work really good together. There is a great sweet spot, but everything else is just typical stacked pedal overkill.

18. JPB

JPB Member

The same here. Too much loss of definition with OD/fuzz before timmy. Timmy => Soul-Bender makes the SB so versatile that I can use the SB even with low "dirt"-knob settings. It kicked the Blues Devil off my board....

19. erksin

erksin Member

I can assure you I didn't - so, sorry if you took my 'nit-picking' the wrong way. I do think there is a difference, you don't - cool.

Peace?

20. Craise

Craise Member

No prob...
    :BEER