What to use my Gift card on? (cool/weird unique modulation)

Echoes22

Silver Supporting Member
I got a gift card to Prymaxe for X-mas and I want to get some kind of modulation or special effect pedal with it. I generally do not care for typical sounding phaser, flanger, or chorus pedals and while I love tremolo I have that covered already (Mooger fooger ring mod, Sonic Boom repeater and Deluxe Reverb amp trem).

I'd love some recommendations. For the record I play in psych rock band and use a Tele > Deluxe Reverb+Tweed Deluxe

currently considering:
-Keeley BubbleTron
-Dr Scientist BitQuest
-EHX Superego
-Malekko Sneak Attack
-maybe something by Dwarfcraft?

cheapgtrs

Gold Supporting Member
I have a Superego and a Bitquest and both are awesome. No experience with the other 2 though the keeley looks cool. Dwarfcraft makes some amazing pedals. Love the Arf and Pitch Grinder

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
Might try taking a look at the Bearfoot Candy Apple Fuzz or a ZVex Fuzz Probe, both are pretty glitchy fun :D

p.j.

I got a gift card to Prymaxe for X-mas and I want to get some kind of modulation or special effect pedal with it. I generally do not care for typical sounding phaser, flanger, or chorus pedals and while I love tremolo I have that covered already (Mooger fooger ring mod, Sonic Boom repeater and Deluxe Reverb amp trem).

I'd love some recommendations. For the record I play in psych rock band and use a Tele > Deluxe Reverb+Tweed Deluxe

currently considering:
-Keeley BubbleTron
-Dr Scientist BitQuest
-EHX Superego
-Malekko Sneak Attack
-maybe something by Dwarfcraft?
Get a Dwarfcraft Memento. Basically a programmable kill switch/trem. Very fun and not expensive.

Echoes22

Silver Supporting Member
Might try taking a look at the Bearfoot Candy Apple Fuzz or a ZVex Fuzz Probe, both are pretty glitchy fun :D
I am pretty much set for fuzz and have actually played with both of those before.

Get a Dwarfcraft Memento. Basically a programmable kill switch/trem. Very fun and not expensive.
Thanks, will take a look at some demos this morning.

theRagman

Platinum Supporting Member
The WMD Protostar is a very cool filter with crazy modulation options. You can get a ton more interesting/weird sounds out of it than the typical envelope follower filter (but it can do that, too).

Echoes22

Silver Supporting Member
The WMD Protostar is a very cool filter with crazy modulation options. You can get a ton more interesting/weird sounds out of it than the typical envelope follower filter (but it can do that, too).
woah this thing is nuts

ColonelForbin

Prymaxe is also doing 25% off through today and tomorrow! I've got the Bubbletron on my board, it's a very funky pedal! It's also got a pair of internal dip switches; one to load a second bank of effects options, the other to switch from 'modern' to 'vintage' mode.

Another funky Keeley pedal just came out; "Dyno My Roto". Prymaxe still shows it as pre-order, but you can still get their website to let you add it your cart, and it allows that 25% off coupon too (back2black).. I am tempted; with coupon, no tax and free shipping comes out to $126.75... You have to go to page; then hit refresh and click 'add to cart' before that rolls over to 'notify me'.

https://www.prymaxe.com/products/keeley-electronics-dyno-my-roto-tri-chorus-rotary-flange

Echoes22

Silver Supporting Member
Prymaxe is also doing 25% off through today and tomorrow! I've got the Bubbletron on my board, it's a very funky pedal! It's also got a pair of internal dip switches; one to load a second bank of effects options, the other to switch from 'modern' to 'vintage' mode.

Another funky Keeley pedal just came out; "Dyno My Roto". Prymaxe still shows it as pre-order, but you can still get their website to let you add it your cart, and it allows that 25% off coupon too (back2black).. I am tempted; with coupon, no tax and free shipping comes out to $126.75... You have to go to page; then hit refresh and click 'add to cart' before that rolls over to 'notify me'.

https://www.prymaxe.com/products/keeley-electronics-dyno-my-roto-tri-chorus-rotary-flange

I did see the 25% off thing and tried to pull the trigger on a Bitquest but they are out of stock =(
They do seem to be out of stock for a lot of stuff, might be a post-xmas thing.

raj007

Silver Supporting Member
I did see the 25% off thing and tried to pull the trigger on a Bitquest but they are out of stock =(
They do seem to be out of stock for a lot of stuff, might be a post-xmas thing.

They can do a pre order in some cases. I actually did that w the Particle. They expect it in a week or two I think. Also, if the coupon doesn't work, do a live chat w them and ask about discount.

Echoes22

Silver Supporting Member
You can trick their webpage. Got to the Prymaxe Bitquest page; notice how the red button 'add to cart' is an option for a few seconds, then changes to the gray 'notify me' block? Hit refresh on your browser, then quickly click 'add to cart' before it changes to 'notify me'.
seems to self-correct itself when you go to the shopping cart

Trending Topics

Top Bottom