What tuner do you use live and at home?

FenderAmpGas

Turbo Tuner for home and big board
TU-2 on my small board

The turbo tuner is very accurate but, for me, I use the TU-2 when I need to get in tune quickly. I've used both at shows and I can get in tune quicker with the TU-2. YMMV.

crambone

TU-2 on my board
I keep a Korg GA-30 in my acoustic guitar case
I have a Fender FT-004 clip-on in my case of guitar stuff
I have that great $1.00 Reverb.com clip-on tuner in my LP case

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
I just ordered a Polytune 2 for my board (arrives tomorrow). I've been using a PW Tru Strobe, which I'll keep as a backup. When I gig with my GT-100, I use the onboard tuner. For solo acoustic shows, I usually use a Snark headstock tuner.

Around the house I use Snarks.

Peace,

Totally Bored

Korg Pitchblack on my board for gigs. Bright, easy to see, accurate and shuts my volume off my guitar so nobody hears me.

Snark for home, convenient. I've got 5 of these around the house. Got them for $9 each on Amazon

chillybilly

Used a Peterson Strobostomp for years with great satisfaction.

But it ate up board real estate. Now have a Polytune Noir (black mini size) and so far so good.

Actually, it's nice to have the Strobostomp free to use for bench work i.e. setups as it's still the most accurate and able to show the slightest increments.

Around the home/studio it's a DeltaLab CT-30 clip-on (great display) or a Korg clip-on (not as good).

But, like so many others, my iPhone is usually close at hand and the Polytune app is admittedly fantastic. When you consider it's $5 for perfect (and accurate) port of their tuner, it's another piece of 'disruptive technology' that obviates the need for more bit$ and piece$.

Kummeli

Polytune Mini at my board live and the same plus the Polytune iPhone app at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
Turbo Tuner on my gig board, I have a Planet Waves Mini on my good acoustic, and I have a snark that I pop onto whatever guitar I'm playing, because I don't always plug in my board at home.

I have an ancient Korg tuner around on my guitar table too - the old VU meter tuner type.

Jason_77

TU-2 on my board. Polytune app on my iphone when I don't feel like plugging into my board at home.

Trending Topics