• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What tuner pedal are you using now?

tommygunn1986

My regular polytune has been going strong for years now. Just wondering if any new stuff came out or anyone recommends anything in particular. And yes, I'm aware of the Turbo Tuner. I know its supposedly very accurate, etc.

nkt275

Still using my PolyTune, version 1.0. Has never let me down. I use it in strobe mode.

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
Using a Korg dt10 at home and Peterson strobostomp 2 on the other. Plan to get a turbo tuner mini at some point to replace the Korg, but will also need to figure out what buffer to get, as the Korg is my input buffer.

tommygunn1986

I think the Turbo Tuner would be much better with different colored lights. Like if the strobe wheel was a different color than the color of the note letter. All that flickering red is dizzying.

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
I've been using a pitch black poly for a few years. Liked it but wanted top mount jacks.

So I got a T-Rex Tunemeister, I also liked the idea of the optional buffer/boost. I was a bit chagrined to see that it had top jacks but the power inlet is on the side :facepalm slight mod fixed that, but sheesh!

It seems to do a fine job of helping me tune my guitars quickly and accurately.

Speaking of accuracy, I'm interested how folks verify that. I've seen lots of debates about within how many/few cents and yadayada. For me I feel good if the tuner lights green for each string and then, when I play a couple of chords, there aren't any clankers.

Last edited:

rufedges

Peterson VSSC Strobostomp Classic. Ugly as heck and pretty bulky, but rugged, easy to swap batteries (top load), but the sweetened tuning is the real secret sauce.

mdrake34

Still using my PolyTune, version 1.0. Has never let me down. I use it in strobe mode.
I've had my polytune for years and only recently discovered strobe mode, much more accurate than the regular mode. However, I hate the noise it make while you're tuning, it's like it's driving the signal. Will be upgrading to a turbo tuner.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom