• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What Tweed Bassman clones are hiding in plain sight?

ben_allison

We all know the JTM-45 is a Tweed Bassman. There are several builders offering exact clones. But what about amps that are not paraded as being Tweed Bassman clones?

I'm not talking about amps that are "kinda inspired" by it, but rather amps that borrow very heavily from it, even to the point of being almost identical.

For example, despite it's various features, apparently the THD Flexi is very similar to a Tweed Bassman.

Any others?

RCCola

(|@ / \ @ |.)
Gold Supporting Member
Depends how pedantic you want to get.

The 50 watt and 100 watt Marshall's were very, very similar to the Bassman circuitry even all the way into the 70s.

GenoBluzGtr

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm assuming that you don't mean to include the Holland Gibb Droll, or the other 'clones' in this mix?

soldersucker

Traynor YBA-1's Bassmasters they are common as cockaroaches around Ontario(2-400.00).The early ones like these two of mine are dead 5f6A's clones and they sound great up until the late 70's when some weirdness entered Yorkvilles plans.

Trending Topics