What type of guitar owner are you?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by theRagman, Apr 4, 2019.

What type of guitar owner are you?

1. The Tom Morello: You own (or want) one or two workhorse guitars, and you're good with that.

244 vote(s)
    32.3%
  2. The Tim Pierce: You own (or want) a variety of guitars, so you're prepared for anything.

398 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. The John 5: You have one kind of guitar you like, and you own (or want) a sh*tload of them.

52 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. The Joe Bonamassa: You indiscriminately buy everything.

62 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. bigtone23

bigtone23 Member

I'm kinda John 5/Tom Morello. I really like Strats and Teles and have more than a few of them, though if I had to narrow it down to about 2-3, I would be fine.

2. wilblee

wilblee Hack sans shame Gold Supporting Member

I’m more of a Pierce type. I could get by with fewer than I have, but I’m always gonna want to have a Strat or 3, a Tele or 2, my DGT, my Falcon, and my Jet, and a 6 and 12 string acoustic.

I could get rid of everything else, but I’m in no hurry.

To me, making music is the goal, but guitars are fun in and of themselves. I also play keys, but keyboards aren’t fun. Wonderful instruments to be sure, but not fun in the way guitars are. I own two keyboards and a piano. I own 19 guitars, 5 amps, and I don’t know how many pedals - and, unless something keyboard related breaks, the next thing I buy is gonna be guitar related, and the thing after that, and...