What u think? on Ibanez SZR720TGB

mosesjazz

Hi, I want to buy a new guitar and I found this Ibanez SZR720TGB, Just want some feedback and opinions on this babe...thankx...

Speed_Racer71

its an alteration on the SZ line. the SZ's are 25.1 scale the SZR 24.75 or les paul scale. the body looks a little thicker than the SZ. ive had 3 SZ's and like them a lot and will prb pick up one of the newer SZR520s since i really dont care for the gold and vine inlays on the 720. the SZR has a new pickup from Ibanez so i dont know what they sound like. the ones in the SZ's are asian made duncan designed jb/59 which i thought sounded crappy and i replaced with dimarzios. the neck is middle of the road, its not super slim like a wizard but its not real big like a '58 les paul. im not a numbers guy but im sure someone can tell you the dimensions and all that stuff. the neck heel looks different on the SZR but the one on the SZ is just pure butter. if you have small hands like me its no effort playing up high. i cant play a les paul for crap past the 16th fret and even the PRS neck heel bugs me if that says anything. the bridge is a Gibraltor III i think. its basically a tune-o-matic but the saddles are smoothed out and rounded for comfort. all in all if you want a great playing guitar the SZR should fit the bill and you might find some SZ's in the shops for a good price since they just quit making them.

mosesjazz

great, thanks for your time, btw, about the scale, what that does it mean? it is smaller than a normal ibanez, like RG? ...

mosesjazz

ok...thanks....I was on a guitar shop and I saw this PRS SE Custom, almost for the same price...Which is better?

Trending Topics