What ultimate dream rig are you currently working on?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by DM426, Jan 7, 2016.

1. DonaldDemon

DonaldDemon Member

Same here, except since 2006. Splawn Pro Mod & 4x12, Les Paul style guitars and more pedals than I probably need. Everything new is just for fun.

rummy likes this.
  2. superdave2001

superdave2001 Member

Think I've finally gotten it. Been sorta workin on a "poor-man's Mayer" rig for a bit, but with gear that's flexible enough to do OTHER things than just "Mayer tones".

[​IMG]

A/B stereo setup with Ceriatone OTS 20 Mini + Deluxe Reverb (tweaked to be VERY Two Rock-y). The blonde Bandmaster isn't currently in play.

Board has wah (Chi-Wah-Wah) + boost (Spark) + TS-style (Odie) + BB-style (Blue Note). Zoom + E2D handle everything else in different genres. There's a loop board on the far end of the Bandmaster.

[​IMG]

It's also my Grab-N-Go/Loop board for 2016. Verberator for the OTS, and the 2nd Zoom is in the Verberator's loop. When the board is in the loop of the OTS, I bypass the dirt pedals and go straight in/out of the Verberator. When in front of another amp, the chain is Crab -> Dude -> Verberator -> Zoom (in V's loop). Gives me similar tones whether I have my OTS with me or not!

Big rig + small rig = almost identical tones. Couldn't be happier.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    helrazr84 likes this.
  3. texstrat

texstrat Member

How do you like the languedoc? Is it as awesome as I think it is? How does it feel and sound? If love to get one of those one day.

Did you buy it new or used?

4. tsbot

tsbot Supporting Member

It is as awesome and then some. Has some girth, neck is perfect, frets perfect, balance perfect, tons of tones, so easy to play. I got it new - picked woods and inlay and binding, rest is pretty standard with Paul (and that's really what I wanted from him) - great process with him and he genuinely wants the perfect guitar going to his customer.

5. dilznik

dilznik Member

I'm already extremely happy with my collection of Mesa equipment and my '74 Champ and my Reason Bambino.

That said... I think I have some kind of sickness because I'm still trying to magically conjure up money to get:
    PRRI, silverface version
    DSL15H just to mod
    Class 5 combo, just to mod and look at

I know the last two are barely more than $300 and a PRRI used is like $600 but still, unjustifiable is unjustifiable.

6. stratpaulguy86

stratpaulguy86 Member

So I'm already changing gears since my last post. New rig idea:

Welagen Overdrive Reverb & Bogner Ecstacy, MXR 1500 rack delay into the ODR, Belle Epoch into the Bogner, metro headmaster to switch heads into my 2x12 Fulton Webb cab. Lots and lots of practice after that. Yep...that'll do 'er!

7. Echoplexi

Echoplexi Silver Supporting Member

That would be epic

8. JazzGtr

JazzGtr Member

9. C-4

C-4 Member

I love Red Bank, NJ! Florida now Europe later
    I don't think in terms of "dream rig". I update my gear as I need too, especially the weight factor, as long as I still get the tones I want.

I play through a Diezel, or Marshall JMD, with a pedal board now.
    I have a Kemper at home and am saving for the remote to eventually use live, with IEM's.
    I am interested in the Marshall Code amp as a grab and go.

If I find that I am not happy with the Kemper live, I would consider a Metro-Plex or Marshall Astoria.

For time-based effects, I use a Nova System in the fx loop, but will buy an H9 Max, and maybe a Neunaber to replace the NS.

If ultimate weight was a concern, only a Matrix British amp and NL 12 would be my choice. I am 67, so I am fast approaching that possibility.

I practice every morning at 4:30 am before going to work. When I read players telling everyone to forget the gear and just practice, I laugh to myself. I love to practice and have done it all of my life, so that is not even a concern with me.

10. JackStraw12

JackStraw12 Member

11. sleewell

sleewell Member

finally got a mako amp to match my cab.

[​IMG]

12. firebird1999us

firebird1999us Member

:love:

13. firebird1999us

firebird1999us Member

"This will go great with my dining room set:idea"

14. helrazr84

helrazr84 Member

I could probably hear that from my side of the Susquehanna river. Cool 2x12, I had the same one from Mojotone myself.

15. doctorx

doctorx Member

Stereo clean rig AKA EJ: BF Bandmaster and a Bassman 100 through a 2x12, along with the appropriate delay, reverb and chorus.

Stereo dirt rig: Right now a Traynor YBA1A and probably a SF Bassman until I can get another Traynor.

Leslie 16 driven by a BF Bassman.

I don't have all the bugs worked out, gotta get another A/B switch and fix the ground loops. It's a ton of gear and would be a bitch to move, thank God I'll never have to.

16. David Simpson

David Simpson Member

Soldano power amps down the hall to keep the fan noise away.
    I have to take some different pics.....I've just about used this one up!

[​IMG]

Hacksaw and stratpaulguy86 like this.