What values for a Resonance Control?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by midnightlaundry, Jan 28, 2012.

1. midnightlaundry

midnightlaundry Member

I'll put one on the Express. I like how the amp gets into rippin' power distortion, but I'm used to bigger lows. I think a Resonance control would do the trick. I'll use an output jack spot to mount it.

What say you?

2. midnightlaundry

midnightlaundry Member

Great!

Do you think it will work on a TW Express?

3. gldtp99

gldtp99 Member

After looking at an Express schematic it seems like a Resonance control should work---but TW amps are supposed to be "on the edge" (of stability)-- i've never built a TW-type amp so you'll have to try it out yourself and see---- lots of people with TW experience over at Amp Garage, if nobody else replies here.....................gldtp99

4. midnightlaundry

midnightlaundry Member

I did run it by the fellas over at TAG. We used your diagram to work it out. I tested the mod with some alligator test leads, and decided that I liked it full on, so I just soldered the cap right to the selector.

To be honest, I thought the stock form was to thin and narrow. This is what it needed for me; it helps to make single coils sound like single coils.

Thanks a lot!

[​IMG]