• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What Wah for Jimi Hendrix - Still Raining, Still Dreaming ??

louis

Silver Supporting Member
I'm pretty sure he can hook you up. I have no idea which one, but tell him your guitar/pickups and which amp, and he would know best. There's a reason he specializes in wahs. That wah in the video sounded freaking gorgeous right at around the 0:55 mark! :)
Thank's !.........I will look into them !

Phase45child

That grey wah in the video is not a reissue it's an original 1966/67 Vox, one of the absolute originals.

You can't go wrong with an Italian Vox, or good clone.

DerekMinnich

Silver Supporting Member
There are many great wahs out there, and so many are tweakable. I've owned 3 Teeses at different times, and a Fulltone Clyde. All were great. I now own an RMC 10. Several months ago I emailed Geoffrey looking for his advice on the Jimi tone, and he pushed me that direction. I played the Xotic, CAE, RMC10, and the Picture last weekend. The Xotic is super tweakable, and the CAE can sound huge. the RMC10 was the clearest of the bunch when clean, but it sounds phenomenal when dirty, just listen to some of the clips online. That's where it really shines to me.

71strat

Short of buying the Roger Mayer Vision/Bel Air Wah.

I would go with the Kyle Chase

Iconic late 1960s Vox Clyde/Crybaby Elusive Wah Voicing w/ Unsurpassed Expressive Sweep

Chase Tone - Vintage-Future Guitar Effects Pedals
chasetone.com

Electronics include: “Combination New & Old components and circuitry”

Ø BC549C low noise input transistor gain stage

Ø BC549B transistors for an authentically smooth and mellow signal exactly like the original Italian era 1969 Vox Wahs with the added benefit of extremely low noise and higher output level ensuring a strong vocal sound

Ø Original teal Arco polycarbonate capacitor & NOS Ducati style radial polystyrene capacitors for the ultimate in warm vintage wet smooth signal, exactly like the original Italian era 1968-1969 Vox Wahs

Kyle, Got the Gypsy Wah™ in on Thursday. The thing is incredible man. It really sounds amazing. Thanks a lot. – Matt

Ø Replica 1969 V846 Wah military spec fiberglass circuit board with PLATED-THROUGH-HOLES for the ultimate reliability on the road!

Ø REAL NOS VINTAGE Stack of Dimes Inductor – A key element in the unique vocal character of the 1968-1969 V846 wahs. Amazing find and amazingly rare!

Get the Chase Tone™ Tru iCar™ from Smallbear Electronics for a limited-time-only! Once this model is gone, they are gone! http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/wah-pot-tru-icar-275k/ The Chase Tone™ Tru-iCar™ 275K Professional Grade Wah Potentiometer “Expressively fast, iconic vintage-vowel wah sweeps of 1967-69 brought into the future with a 2 million + life cycle “Kyle Chase

louis

Silver Supporting Member
I think I will narrow it down to the RMC10 or the Oxbow , but this Chase tone sounds very good also !.....Tx for the input !

Did you guy's see the inside of the Oxbow !.......it'a a copy paste of the original with all the vintage parts.

Anyone here has the Oxbow or Ts

RACKDOCTOR

Hi guy's,.............what wah should I get to nail Still Raining,still dreaming?

Keep reading on the net about wah's like RMC10 and Picture wah and Vox HW and so on
and I'm going nuts trying to understand what is the one with the most vocal throaty tone
that mimics the Vintage ones like the old day's ! !
Don't want no knob with three choices of tones , just want one sweet candy !

I was offered today a Vox HW 846 for $125 and also a Fulltone deluxe Clyde Mckoy
but Samtheman a member her made an awesome clip of the RMC10 but seriously confused
on which is the good one for early stuff.

Tx !
Oxbow Studios Clyde or RMC10.

Echoplexi

Gold Supporting Member
Does anyone play Area 51 wahs anymore? I bought mine 5-6 years ago and can't imagine anything else I'd want

Phase45child

Just found exactly what I'm looking for but don't know if the guy
is playing with an original or reissue !!...............Amazing Vintage tone !

That's an original American 1966/67 Vox, very expensive, VERY RARE, but as you can hear very very nice sounding.

I have a friend who owns two. I really hope I'm in his will when he dies, he has a Tonebender too :)

glogulus

Silver Supporting Member
I'd also recommend Chase Tone. Email Kyle and ask him which wah would be best for what you want. I own several of his wahs and they are all voiced a little differently.

Trending Topics