• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What Was I Thinking When I Traded Cash for This!

gitpicker

Gold Supporting Member
Here is another thread similar to the one I just put up concerning "The One That Got Away"...

Name a pedal that you bought with high hopes and bummed out when you plugged into it and heard it. I am talking about a pedal that may or may not have been purchased as a result of hype. A pedal that just plain SUCKED when stuck between your guitar and your amp. A pedal that made you ask yourself "How can anyone say that this pedal is great, it sounds like absolute CRAP! A lemon, a turd, a POS, something you would not throw out the window of your car because it would deface the highway- a pedal that (for you) had no redeeming value.

Or maybe just a pedal that didn't work for you no matter how hard you tried to work with it...

I am aware that one players Holy Grail is the next players POS, so this should be fun!

My Hall of Shame:

Crowther HotCake
Xotic AC Boost
Pigtronix EP-1
Fulltone Fat Boost
Toadworks Meat

BmoreTele

Two very recent ones - EHX Flanger Hoax and the Red Witch Pentavocal Trem. The EHX FH was just a very noisy and totally un-musical headache inducing machine. The Pentavocal actually sounds very nice, but $230 for a regular tremolo with built in EQ is a bit much.

Old ones -

J Everman Low Fi Filter - I'm sure there were all sorts of sounds in there, but internal dip switches are not a good idea for a pedal that's designed to be a tweaker.

Z Vex Ooh Wah, Z Vex Tremolo Probe. Although I liked the Seek Trem that I got to try out.

Moog Ring Mod - I never thought I was a ring mod kinda guy and this proved it.

Dano Rocky Road (modded) - POS.

A

amstaf

I heard a T-rex mudhoney. Man, it sounded like Eric Johnson in a box. When I got one it sounded like crapola through my gear. I'm going to have to get rid of it here pretty soon, it's collecting all of my dust...

58lespaulman

Twise now I have bought a pedal and thought it was total crap when I first pluged it in, the first day, and went to bed telling myself that I was going to sell it.. Then I wake the next day and totally fall in love with it, and they are both total keepers.. Then I've had pedals that sounded good the first day, and I end up getting rid of them.. You cant judge a pedal with a first impression.. IMO.

Shane

kevmin

Man, I just don't understand how anyone could hate an Ac Booster. I just love mine. Maybe it is just different amp setups.

erksin

Stamps Drive-O-Matic

Pharoah Amplifiers Magnolia Overdrive

Stock Ibanez Turbo Tube screamer

Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz/Wah

All of 'em were real barkers...

Garygtr

Almost as good!
Gold Supporting Member
Toadworks Death Rattle-yuck, especially the "tweed" side...

trucks

Songworks Little Lanilei Reverb pedal - It was so subtle I thought it was broken. I understand it works great for some people, but it just did not fit in with my setup.

B

Big Bob

+1 on the Distortion Pro.

the fact that it was hyped to death made it that much worse.

:mad:

SteveVHT

Tim
AC Booster
RC Booster
BB Preamp
Red Snapper
Klon
Barber DDSS
Analogman KOT
Mosferatu 1 and 2

I used all of the above with many amps. Some of them like the Tim had potential, but just didn't do it for me. But I can see why people love it.
The Klon, I just don't get. I've owned 2(silver and gold) and I personally though it made all my amps sound worse...LOL
The AC booster was cool, but I found a few pedals the did that job better.
Different strokes.....
Steve

Moe45673

Lovepedal Eternity

Kidding! I currently use a TCJ DGTM, which I love to death, but GAS is a killer and I still want one of those.

Ummm, I'd have to say a boss metal zone. I know, big surprise there. However, when i tried it, I was still in high school and I still thought boss was the be all and end all of effects. It was hyped by tons of people. Even back then, with my inexperienced ear, I'd never heard anything so bad and wondered what anyone could possibly like about it.

Since then, I have yet to try anything that doesn't do it for me. Frankly, everything I've bought has been awesome thanks to this forum and a few others. [/cheesyTribute]

Wheels

Platinum Supporting Member
Cowther HotCake...too noisy/tone-sucking.
Xotic Robotalk.....didn't like the "Ship of Fools" side.

It's all personal.

Wheels

Rollo Timbre

Ones I had high hopes but just didn't work for me:

Zinky True Grit
Lovepedal Toxic
HBE Big D
MI Audio Tube Zone
Fulltone OCD & 70

Trending Topics