What was that 6/12 Mike C was playing Super Bowl Halftime?

Mike Duncan

Staff member
the book on Ferrington guitars from 92-ish has some great shots of the guitar. I think it's got a mix of Duncan minis and toaster top Ric pickups.

Nice - I figured Duesenberg. I also couldnt tell what the double neck was. Knew I could find out here though. I felt better knowing that you guys were all also trying to see what he was playing.

ChrisThompson

That Duesenberg was sexy. The photos on the duesenbergusa.com site don't do it justice. I'm refinishing and restoring a 63 Silvertone/Harmony single cutaway, and I've been wondering what color to paint it. Blue with stripes may be the winner.

Funkwire

HMMM...I'm kind of stupid with computers. Couldn't get past the color thing.

You have to follow the small guitars with your mouse and click on them...kind of goofy.

Anyway, here's the guitar. Looks like a P-90 and a Ric toaster top for the 12, and a Duncan mini for the 6. Are those Badass bridges? And you can clearly see the Ric-style slotted headstock on the top neck, so yes, it is a 12/6.

campbell.jpg

jmadill

Gold Supporting Member
Looks like a P-90 and a Ric toaster top for the 12, and a Duncan mini for the 6.

Although I agree with this assessment of the picture from the website, I am pretty sure that the guitar had 2 mini buckers in the top during the show.

-jm

FFTT

The pix at Bostonguitar do a bit better job of showing the Duesenberg
which is actually Lake Placid metallic blue.
DUES-MIKE-FULL.jpg

duesenberg-dmc-hs-mini.jpg

duesenberg-dmc-body-back-mi.jpg

duesenberg-dmc-full-mini.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom