What was your first tube amp

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
A late 50's Dukane Reel to Reel when I just started playing around 1971. My Dad's friend had given me a white res-o-glass Supro (his son stopped playing) and the Dukane had a mic input, so it's what I used. It would probably be considered the perfect bedroom amp today.

1646665472166.png

Ray Knoedl

Original 1966 BF Fender Princeton
My first tube amp was a home built cabinet with a 12" hi fi speaker, an early 60s Zenith hi fi tube amp, and a modified calrad mixer for the pre amp. The speaker had tears in the cone which we repaired with toilet paper and radio cement. The speaker lasted 1 song and then it tore apart. Fortunately some musician friends stopped by to see us and loaned me a pa cabinet to get through the gig.

meterman

I started on a Peavey Decade. After a couple years (in the mid-80s) I upgraded to a silverface Twin Reverb with Peavey Black Widow speakers in it that was supposedly once owned by Gatemouth Brown. Heavy as hell and so loud it would rattle the windows when I played! And so clean I actually used two dirt boxes with it lol. Needless to say I had no clue what I was doing at that point

AKBlues

Gold Supporting Member
My first tube amp was Muchxs Champ. Followed by two more Muchxs Champs. Each one different.

Attachments

• Davids.jpg
    Davids.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 13

arojas

Vox AC4TV8 back in 2010 - I was in grad school and broke, but my previous amp (Marshall MG15DFX) just sucked all the joy out of playing.

Sold it in 2020, bought a Bassbreaker 15, sold that and bought a 68 Princeton Reverb, and then a DSL40CR.

Peavey Valveking 100 head. Honestly, not terrible in the clean channel. Took pedals well. Never used it with the matching cab; had an Avatar with V30's with it that was nice. It was a good introduction.

uriahh1

An Oahu...great speaker...like Keith Richards.

I have a Supro supreme now that is sort of close.

(among others lol)

georgelrg

Egnater Rebel head+matching cab…Still have it, but I use my DSL head most of the time right now. No plans on getting rid of it anyway, great amp

progholio

Silver Supporting Member
First amp with tubes - Peavey Deuce

First full tube amp - Fender Super Reverb (blackface, sad that one got away!)

walt0915

‘76 Ampeg VT-22 Bought it in ‘82, still have it. 120w, very loud and heavy beyond belief. How I ever used to gig with that thing I do not know.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom