What was your "HOLY CRAP!" pedal?

woofcat

Silver Supporting Member
I recently went halfsies on a Strymon El Capistan with a friend of mine. LOVE IT! Seems like I learn something new every time I plug in. Also, the current run of the Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler. So much good stuff in that pedal.

wired

Gold Supporting Member
Back when I was using an Egnater Rebel 30, I was looking for more thump & depth to the OD channel, without it sounding overly compressed. I plugged in an Xotic EP booster & it made that amp sound 1000x better. It hasn't been as effective with other amps, but it made that one come alive.

Volontaire

I'd say Strymon Timeline, but Lex also gave me that feeling...

Oh, and Devi Ever's Bit Mangler ! If I can recall, I was like this when I first played it : :thud

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
Catalinbread WIIO and SFT into a Mesa Mk V.
The SFT is so good I'm in the market for a second one.

335fuzzdelay

Through the years, I've found some:

- Lovetone Big Cheese
- Moog Phaser
- A/DA Flanger
- Ibanez AD 80
- Maxon AD 900
- Maxon AD 999
- Teese RMC 1

I can't tell the same about overdrives, although I have tried many of the best. So far, my favorite has been the Spaceman Aphelion.

mach1

Astonishingly, the Joyo Sweet Baby. Cost, $26.99, brand new, and sounds better than 95% of the 50 or so boutique flavors of the month OD's I've had!

Los Angeles

90's Sovtek Tall Font Green Russian Big Muff. Still have it. After lots and LOTS of trying, I finally found the tone I like best from that pedal (tone all the way down, drive all the way up) in the earthquaker Hoof, so finally I've taken that giant brick of aluminum off of my board.

Jonny G

Klon KTR - probably the only pedal I've ever got, plugged in and literally thought "Oh Wow, so that's what all the fuss is about"

Beng2040

Silver Supporting Member
Klon KTR - probably the only pedal I've ever got, plugged in and literally thought "Oh Wow, so that's what all the fuss is about"
Same here. I got it in a trade to sell but had to keep it. Had a similar experience with a mid-80's whiteface RAT. Got it in trade to sell and it's been on my board ever since. RAT + Klon is just awesome in every way.

Trending Topics