What will happen to Timmy prices?

Jabby92

Look at the V1 prices. There will always be someone who claims the older version is better in some way and try to charge a premium for it.
Yup, this is a big problem with the Fulltone OCD as well. The subtle differences can easily be changed with a good EQ pedal in most cases and a lot of guys judge things at bedroom volume instead of stage volume where the differences become way less of a big deal once you're actually in a mix with a band.

blackba

Mine gets swapped out with a Kingsley Page on occasion, the two best low gainers I’ve encountered.
Pretty recently I got a Kingsley Page and initially thought I would use it like my v1 perf board Timmy which has been last in the dirt chain. However, I found out that I like the page first to push the other pedals better than having it last.

Never compared my V1 Timmy to a v2

PatrickE_FenderADV

Supporting Member
This thread was started before the MXR mini Timmy was announced, which will be a v2 ... so now the conversation will be a bit different once those are readily available at GC and SA stores. :dunno

valvestate

Doesn't matter as I will be keeping my Original blue color V2 for a long time on my gigging board. One of my best purchases for 2019!

I use mine either as stand alone dirty clean or a gain boost!!