What would kick out my Super Duper at the front of the line?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bionic, Apr 8, 2008.

1. bionic

bionic Member

I am now just using the first channel of the Super Duper (aka SHO) as a line driver through my 40 feet of cable and 9 pedals. I really like the sparkle, clarity and punch it gives to my humbuckers but haven't seen much love for it here lately. What is a another clean boost that could knock off Super Duper? I tried a Timmy set to clean boost and it was just too transparent
    Klon? SCP? Katana? RC?

2. wire 247

wire 247 Member

I got rid of my super for a tim and I like it much better. It thickens my sound better and is more controllable and not near as grainy when stacked....

3. bionic

bionic Member

I actually have a Tim and Timmy and am using my Timmy for my dirty rhythm sound. I am looking for more a clean boost before the Timmy.

4. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

RC Booster...simple clean boost, lots of headroom, great EQ controls. Works really well before or after your drive pedals.

5. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Supporting Member

Landgraff Clean Boost-i had a Super Duper as well-but the Landgraff is much better to me, and less icepicky sparkley-

6. Stratosfear

Stratosfear Member

M.I. Audio Boost n Buff did it for me, turned off, as a nice bright buffer. not as extreme feeling as the S.H.O., but still nice and sparkly.

7. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

BFJ Red Rooster Booster, if you can find one.

8. giggedy

giggedy Member

I'm using a tri-boost for that.

9. bilbal

bilbal Member

Fulltone FatBoost or FatBoost 2. I have yet to hear the FatBoost 2 but I owned the original FatBoost and it was a spectacular clean boost. I can only imagine Michael discontinued it for the second generation one because it is better. Many people around here don't like Fulltone for various reasons. Personally I could care less what he's all about, his pedals are killer and I have owned more than a few and plan on buying as many more in the future - GREAT STUFF!!!!

bilbal

EDIT: +1 for the RC Booster. All three (AC,RC,BB) of the Xotic pedals are great.

10. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

Durham Sex Drive. Kicked off my Super Duper 2 in 1 & I've never looked back since.

11. soulsonic

soulsonic Member

Well, first off, you said you love the Super Duper - that tells me you should keep it since it's already doing what you want. Who cares if it's not getting much "love" here. If it sounds good, it is good.

Secondly, you said you're looking specifically for a Line Driver. None of the pedals mentioned in this thread so far are line drivers (with the exception of the Klon when it's in bypass mode). If you want a standalone line driver, then get a Pete Cornish LD-1.

12. Cthross

Cthross Member

Another vote for the Boost N Buff. I've got it and love it. I also use the boost section to overdrive my plexi. It adds drive and a treble boost once you turn it up high enough. Sounds great. Excellent crunch and clarity.

13. pulse.

pulse. Silver Supporting Member

The Rc and the Fatboost would kick it out of my pedalboard,
    if it was there, right now I'm using the fatboost and hopefully
    I'll soon get the RC

14. jgyn

jgyn Member

So far nothing has.

15. CWFurst

CWFurst Member

If it does the job keep it. If you're just bored with it well then buckle your safety belt.

16. Stratosfear

Stratosfear Member

For the record the Boost N' Buff is a line driver. and when it's off it works similar to how the s.h.o. works when it's on. i actually don't care too much for the boost side of it, but i love the buff! I still really like my s.h.o. although to me it does something a little strange to the mids, or something, that the boost n buff doesnt, while achieving a similar effect.