What would you do....?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by wallofsound, Feb 23, 2015.

1. wallofsound

wallofsound Member

....if you are after more than a year after you ordered and payed an amp from overseas for more than 2000$ still waiting for it. The builder does not respond mails or phone calls, and if, he is only making promises like he is shipping the amp tommorrow, in two weeks, tommorrow… but nothing !
    What would you do?

2. guitarjazz

guitarjazz Member

3. MHG

MHG Member

What was the initial lead time?

4. wallofsound

wallofsound Member

sorry for my poor english, I hope you understand me...:)

3 months lead time. 50% deposit, 50% when the amp is build. I ordered the amp in february 2014. the first time I asked (email) about it was about 4 months after, no answer. I send a few emails, asked about it, nothing. the I tried to contact him in september the first time throug facebook, telling that I am a littled woried about not getting something I payed a lot of money for. he answered: 2 weeks. I said thank you and payed the rest (1000$) of the amp...

3 weeks later I asked again. 3 more weeks no answer. a few days later the answer: he run out of tolex, 2 more weeks. no problem...thank you!

4 weeks later I asked if he is still alive. nothing!

6 weeks later: whats going on????? answer: celestion can not deliver the creambacks, sorry! ääähhhmmm.... I ordered the amp without speakers, 2x12 combo, no speakers... no you ordered the amp 1x12” with speaker. I then send him the ordering email and the paypal stuff showing that I ordered the amp 2x12 without speakers. then, again a few weeks nothing...

the last time he answered through facebook was 5 weeks ago, he told me that he is putting on the tolex right now. and since then, no answer, he deletet his few answers on the FB messenger...dark night!

I am in a pretty bad situation now. payed 2000$ for nothing and 10'000 miles away...

5. 8len8

8len8 Member

There are several other threads like this about other amp and pedal builders. I've learned to oh use builders who have "many and all good" feedback on the web. At any sign of poor customer service I stay away from them. Sorry, but this doesn't help your situation. I also don't deal with vendors who don't post an address and phone number.

You paid via PayPal? Can't you open a dispute and get a refund?

You could try the strong-arm approach. Post the vendor name and this story on all the forums you can think of and then let the vendor know that you're spreading the word.

6. davidespinosa

davidespinosa Supporting Member

You could contact some of the builder's dealers.
    Have they spoken with him recently?
    Have they received any amps recently?

7. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Have you searched on here for the builder, you may find your not alone.

At this point I myself wouldn't hesitate on giving builders actual name to see if maybe some other have had the same experience with him. At least then you might know.

That's a long time to wait. 3 month lead, that's fine, but if 3 more months out he can't at least show you 1 or 2 pictures of build I'd be asking for my $$$ back.

8. saltydogg

saltydogg Rock & Roll Enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

You've been taken advantage of long enough. I agree with the guys above- it's time to go viral, with the builder's name and company info.

Hope it works out for you.

9. dangeroso

dangeroso Member

Who is the builder?

10. MHG

MHG Member

I would definitely start a thread identifying the builder/company to warn others.

11. wallofsound

wallofsound Member

You paid via PayPal? Can't you open a dispute and get a refund?

Paypal refund works only 45 days

You could try the strong-arm approach. Post the vendor name and this story on all the forums you can think of and then let the vendor know that you're spreading the word.

I thought about doing it that way, but I still hope for a happy end on this story, I am afraid when I post his name he answers a last time and tells me I can f*%ck myself. and this is absolutely not my style to compromise somone on the internet...

12. JiMB

JiMB Member

Sounds like he's already doing that.
    Time to put the name out there.

13. NormH3

NormH3 Member

Well since you are such a forgiving soul, send me $1000 and I won't do anything either. Same service at half the price.

You need to take some action. I would start by asking for my money back. Next time find someone closer than 10000 miles.

14. wallofsound

wallofsound Member

May I pay you the 1000$ in swiss chocolate?��

15. swiveltung

swiveltung Member

Sounds to me like you lost a lot of money.

16. NormH3

NormH3 Member

You bet. My girlfriend loves chocolate. I do wish you well and hope you get this squared away.

17. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

Is the $2000 the downpayment or the entire cost of the amp?

I'm curious, too, and I can't help but wonder about what the decision making thinking was about buying a pretty expensive item in this way.

18. hogy

hogy Member

Looks like he already did.

Sorry, but you're out of luck. There is nothing you can realistically do. Real shame, but it is what it is.

I feel for you, but these stories are becoming so common. I just don't understand why people continue to put themselves in this position.

19. Faded

Faded Member

Post the company name as a service to everyone else who should take caution when dealing with his company.

Don't say anything personal or negative towards the company, just give the facts.

Right now he just has to ignore you, once his name is out there he cant ignore the internet.

20. dangeroso

dangeroso Member

Unfortunately this is your only real leverage. If you stick to the facts and keep it professional, he should respond more favorably, particularly if you offer to post about a positive resolution, once he makes things right.