• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

what would you do?

dazco

I don't ask things like this often because i usually figure they are too subjective and no one can tell me what to do better than myself. but this has really got me stumped. i bought a strat body on ebay for $130. I have been looking for one for months and i bought this because it looked like a crazy good deal. It is NOT a fender, but looks exactly like a very high quality well made 3 tone 62 body. It's notro and the grain is orgasmic. It's light, it's gorgeous. It's exactly what i'd hoped for....quality better than most any MIA 62' RI i have seen. But there are issues.

1)-the guy has drilled the 6 bridge screws for a cheap import bridge thats narrower than any of the MIM or MIJ bridges i have. fix: I could dowel them and re-drill.

2)-the pickguard screws will likely all have to be relocated or the guard i use modded at the pocket.

3)-this is the biggie...the pocket had 2 issues...the first and worse is that the heel end looks as tho it had been routed for a tele neck. You know how they have squared heels instead of curved like a strat ? So the neck will not be making contact with the front of the pocket except at the very center of the heel. fix: none, at least none that i am willing to do because it would be a major pain.Second, one of the neck screw holes in the body is ever so slightly off so it goes into the neck at a slight angle that pulls it away from the side of the pocket. fix: dowel and redrill.

So i can return it, which i'm leaning towards, or just buy a fender 62 body that will no dobut not look as good and cost around $400-500 on ebay. i will lose $30 on shipping with a return by the way, so that adds to the cost of a real fender body. Oh, and this body came loaded, tho not with anything worth using except the aged plastic, guard screws and jackplate. I'm having a hard time deciding what to do, tho i really think i should return it. What would you do? To be honest my brain tells me to return it so i probably will. But god will i miss that gorgeous body !

guitarman_nebr

Silver Supporting Member
return it, you may never be happy with having to do that much work to it.

the neck pocket is the deal breaker. i would think the seller would have made that clear. that is a pain to fix, if it could be solved at all.

Trending Topics