What would you like to see from Suhr going forward?

redgold

Silver Supporting Member
I'm sure many of us have enjoyed JST products and stellar customer service and wish them all the best moving forward. In that spirit, what would you like to see from JST in the future?

Myself, I've always wanted to see John take a stab at a single cut design that would be a sibling to his Modern line up.

redgold

Silver Supporting Member
On a related note, I would own a Modern if they offered a thicker neck and different neck shapes.

Last edited:

newtech27

Gold Supporting Member
I'd be interested to see what a Suhr style jazz box (ES350/Byrdland) might look like :)

wrxplayer

Silver Supporting Member
High quality guitars made in the US by Suhr with MSRPs in the $1200 range (or less). I suspect money can be saved using less pretty wood together with opaque finishes.

ZeyerGTR

Default 1.687 nut width on Pro series. I tried the narrow nut for a long time and it's just not for me.

Scale length choices.

Ben C.

High quality guitars made in the US by Suhr with MSRPs in the $1200 range (or less). I suspect money can be saved using less pretty wood together with opaque finishes.
The Modern Satin series is pretty much as stripped down as you can get and they're still $2000. And they were that price even without the steel frets.

mattmccloskey

Silver Supporting Member
I think they were the best when it was John and Kenny building every guitar as a custom order. Those guitars were really exceptional. There is no going back to that unfortunately.

JHL

I trust them to figure out stuff I'd never thought of.. But if you insist, I'd be interested in (maybe limited runs?) a classic pro t-style with comfort contours, and standard satin (modern satin wood and appointments) with a Gotoh fixed bridge. :)

bikeracr

Silver Supporting Member
Easy...I want to see John and the existing crew to continue to be involved and for there to be no changes in how they do business. Don't change a thing & continue the Suhr legacy.

For full transparency, I do not own a Suhr, but have been incredibly impressed with their products and approach toward customers.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
A shortscale (24 3/4") option on their models would be nice, but really, what they've been doing has been fine as it is, so as long as they keep on keeping on, they'll be fine by me.
-
Austin

Route234

Come to their senses on selling to a pink sheet and undo that deal.
Why do you feel so qualified to have that strong on an opinion on the guys business? I just cant figure out how you guys all claim to know how these deals work yet you obviously have no idea what he did or didnt do or even what the details of the actual deal are. You are literally telling an intelligent grown man what to do with his company, his name and his $. In my world thats considered to be rude and unhelpful.

GasMask

Better descriptions of their different models of pickups on the website. Some descriptions of their single coil models are almost identical, and offer no way of differentiating between them.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
Better descriptions of their different models of pickups on the website. Some descriptions of their single coil models are almost identical, and offer no way of differentiating between them.
Seymour Duncan-style soundclips would be nice and they don't have so many pickup models that it would be impossible.
-
Austin

Trending Topics