• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What Would You Like to See in a Pedalboard?

swellguy66

Hey dudes. I've started building some custom boards and would like to know what kind of features you would like to see in a board that have not already been offered. Feel free to PM me as well. Peace!

Nota

Built in rechargeable power supply like grid1 stuff

LEDs all over powered by 9v plug like a pedal

Easy ways to hide clutter

Same size as my mini

No oversized case, something convenient and easy to transport

Bonus: Velcro-less attaching somehow

All of those would win me over ;)

swellguy66

Sounds sweet man. I've been thining about making a built in power supply... possibly a cordless one.

You should make Pedaltrain style slat-boards with custom finishes and sizes... Those are great designs, they simply are limited. If you made lightweight and personalized boards like that, I'm sure they would enjoy some popularity.

swellguy66

That would work if slats weren't patented. Already tried that and Pedaltrain told me to stop making them.

fossilfuel

dismember
Maybe the second tier raised an inch or so, for easier access to the back row of pedals?
A patchbay installed. Either passive ins and outs, or buffered units available.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
magnets would be cool. most pedals have a metal enclosure. if magnets could be utilized to attach the pedals, i would buy that.
Unfortunately, most pedals have aluminum enclosures. Non-magnetic.

Stratoben127

I'd want this:
-Small, lightweight Pedaltrain-esque sizes
-Custom Tolexing/Wood options (to match my Plexi)
-very slight angle that can be determined by the buyer (maybe a few angle choices)
-A flip-up pedal platform that exposes the inside which has an easy way to hold a power supply and cabling
-An inlaid loop switcher (programmable if possible from like the Cusack)
-Small slots about an inch wide and 4 inches long placed throughout the deck of the board to tuck cables into
-Locking Neutrik jacks (as many as needed) with male/male adaptors to plug pedals into them with no soldering
-A retractable cord like on a vacuum cleaner in different lengths built into the board

swellguy66

Sounds cool. I've already got the Tolex and wood thing going as well as the Neutriks jacks. And my boards aren't at terrifying angles. They're fairly low profile.

To be honest, i don’t want any new features. The Pedaltrains work fine for me. Added extras like in/out jacks, loop switches, custom paint and so on are just more things to get dented up and broken at gigs.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom