What would you put on a Tom Petty pedalboard?

therhodeo

Before the flaming begins I don't play in a Tom Petty tribute/cover band or anything like nor do I want to have a rig to sound just like Campbell.

So if you were to put together a board for Pettyish tones what would you go with?

djinn1973

a Tremalicious will give you beautiful AC style tremolo, I don't know what you would use to get the unique sound of the AC's reverb.

I'd use the following two drives the HBOD and the EGDM...I don't know anything that is more Tom Petty or more Mike Campbell. I have both on my board and it kills.

Unfortunately there is really nothing else like them out there (believe me, I'm on my second EGD)

I'm sure any good dirt box will sound good if used right.

I've kind of taken a hiatus from delays and modulation effects since november...but I'm sure a Line 6 DL4 could cover any delay needs and a good trem would be an awesome worthwhile addition I don't know much about phasers and choruses to help out.

therhodeo

Right now my board consists of

Budda Wah
Keeley 4 knob comp
Catalinbread Serrano Picaso
Pedalworx Cactus Crunch (for sale so I can buy something else)
Menatone King of the Brits
Menatone Top Boost in a Can
Catalinbread Semaphore
Ernie Ball Volume
Pigtronix Echolution

Is there anything out there besides a POG or a real 12 string that can do the 12 string sound?

the_Chris

It's All Been Done Before
Silver Supporting Member
I think for his light overdriven tone, it's pretty hard to go wrong with the Analogman King of Tone V4 (and I don't even own one anymore). It really has a nice way of doing that very, very light crunch thing while staying bright and clear.

getbent

go on the cheap. dan echo, dano daddy-O, a boss dd3, a two knob voodoo lab trem... less than 200.00 and you'd be nails.

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
a low-med gain OD for voxy tones.
a low-med gain OD for tweed bassman tones.
The janglebox compressor to simulate the chimey rickenbacker guitars.

Trending Topics