• Please use the following thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

What ya think of my Chandler Tele???

blusman

Hey guys...I bought this Chandler "Tele" in Atlanta today for $500. The pics don't do it justice...as it looks, feels and plays so sweet. It's been played, gold faded,P-90 type neck pup and Brazilian Rosewood neck. What do y'all know about Chandler and any other feedback would be welcomed!! Did I get a good deal?? Any other Chandler pics?Thanks!!

gkoelling

Very nice! I'm not familiar with Chandler guitars but that one has plenty of character. I like the bound top & back and is that a bound neck, too? If so, very cool! That isn't real common.

Most important, how do you like it?

blusman

Very nice! I'm not familiar with Chandler guitars but that one has plenty of character. I like the bound top & back and is that a bound neck, too? If so, very cool! That isn't real common.

Most important, how do you like it?
Man I love it!! That P-90 gives it some extra punch. I think I'm gonna name her "Baby Doll" after the pin-up girl on her.!I've tried alot of under $1k Tele's and a few over $1k and to me this one plays and feels better than any of the others at a fraction of the price. I love the orange color! I can't wait to play it at the jam next week! Thanks!!!

Nice guitar. Is it a spruce top? I used to visit Paul Chandler's shop when it was in San Francisco and Burlingame. I've got a bunch of Chandler parts. Paul came up with some interesting ideas. I think he did the first chambered strat body, for example.

I bought a blackguard style tele from craigslist a couple years ago that has a Chandler body and I suspect a Chandler neck too (came with a Fender waterslide but has the wrong tuners).

If you look at the stamp in the neck pocket, you can probably gauge the age. I think the necks have a pencil date like Fenders. On the body, the non-logo ink stamp is earlier, probably from the San Francisco shop. The logo stamps came later, probably 90's.

How big is the neck? Most Chandler necks seem to be on the slim side.

blusman

I've been told it is a spruce top! Yes..the neck is somewhat thinner than I would like...but is still not a problem. Would love this with a no-caster neck! There are no markings anywhere on the guitar...is that unusual?

Csapo

Gold Supporting Member
I've always really liked Chandlers and that one is way cool. :AOK

I just picked up this bound gold Chandler body and am about to do my first partscaster with it.... :dude

Last edited:

Rama

I had a Chandler semi-hollow spruce top tele and a semi-hollow strat and would love to have them back...no telling where they are now, though..

blusman

Like the color.

Like the p90 in the neck.

Don't like the gold hardware or the decal.
Yeah the gold hardware has tarnished/faded and gives it the road worn look which is ok...I guess I could replace all that at some point. But the decal of "Baby Doll" cost $480 and the guitar $20. A hot babe and a good Tele for $500...what more could you ask for????? LOL

sinner

Decal is good! (Guitar just OK).

Just kidding--congrats, I like it all! Looks like a "winner."

Last edited:

Garygtr

Almost as good!
Silver Supporting Member
Very nice! I've owned 2 different Chandlers over the years, a black "Austin Special" with lipsticks and a TV yellow tele thinline style, both very cool guitars. I dig the binding on yours, looks nice.
:AOK

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
My orange tele partscaster has a chambered Chandler body, spruce top. A totally sweet instrument, has a unique sound because of that chambered body. I can tell you that it matches up perfectly with Don Mare pickups. Mine has 2324s. The body adds some air to the tone, makes it a little less dense. That meets the amazing richness of the Mare p/u sound to create something very nice.

Trending Topics