• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Whatever happened to Zebra?

Rotten

Gold Supporting Member
Remember they had a huge Zeppelinesque hit back in the '80s? I was looking through my vinyl and found the album. I thought they were kinda cool. Are they still around?

Lizard Leg

I know they did some of the festivals around the NOLA/St. Bernard area before Katrina - not sure about now. Last saw them in '03 or '04 at one of the many seafood festivals.

todd richman

Who's Behind The Door-the Long Island version of RUSH! Randy Jackson was the guitar player-played B.C. Rich's. What did happen to them?

wtdpblake

Yep... still around. They had a record called IV come out a couple of years ago. It was pretty good. Randy splits time between NOLA/New York last I checked. I check www.thedoor.com for updates on the band.

Tidewater Custom Shop

Performance Enhancing Guitarworks
Silver Supporting Member
OMG! I used to go watch these guys at my neighborhood CYO when I was in highschool - before they hit the big time! I'm talkin' '74-'77 timeframe. They did probably the best Zeppelin covers I heard then or since - vocals and guitar work -- B.C. Rich Mockingbird is what I recall the lead guitarist using at the time. I did buy their first album, but that's long gone.

There was another band fronted by a guy named Greg Wright who did kick butt Hendrix covers at the same CYO venues in that same time frame...

I grew up on the West Bank of New Orleans... no wonder I'm obsessed with music of all kinds!!

Thanks for the memories!

Last edited:

Tidewater Custom Shop

Performance Enhancing Guitarworks
Silver Supporting Member
I thought the singer was Randy Jackson. Wasn't he doing the symphonic Zep thing?
He is, and yes. I missed it when it came thru the Hampton Roads area... if I woulda known then that Zebra's lead singer was fronting vocals, I woulda made a greater effort to catch it.

Thwap

Platinum Supporting Member
Tell me what you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnt

EataPeach

I saw them on my first night out of USN boot camp. It was in San Diego at the Fox Theatre in Sept '83. They opened for Cheap Trick. It was a killer show,and the night I got my first tattoo....Ahhhh Memories : )

Smakutus

I saw Zebra open for a few bands back in the 80's (Cheap Trick for sure..) and they were always good live.

La la la la la la la la laaaa...

Jeff

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
Man I love Zebra. I heard Randy Jackson do an interview on XM a year or so back and he played some acoustic stuff and was amazing.

GAD

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
I thought the singer was Randy Jackson. Wasn't he doing the symphonic Zep thing?
He is, and yes. I missed it when it came thru the Hampton Roads area... if I woulda known then that Zebra's lead singer was fronting vocals, I woulda made a greater effort to catch it.
he kills it!

the rhythm section for that show actually plays in a cover band with me around the va. beach area. how's that for six degrees of seperation?:p

Tell me what you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnt
who's behind the daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhr

surfshack

wow, that brings back memories......i remember that song back in the early '80's......"whos' behind the door". it was on the radio constantly one summer. definitly one of those songs that was different and interesting than most of the music that was popular back then. i thought it was great!

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
I love the debut album- fastest selling debut in Atlantic Records history even outpacing Zeppelin's first...

Trending Topics