What's a fair price for a used Bogner Ecstasy 101B?

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
I see older years going for $2,000-2,200 or so online. There is a newer one locally to me for $2,399.

When I say newer, I mean it has the yin/yang tolex and is basically in mint condition.

Is $2,399 a ridiculously bad price or fair given it's newer and mint? Would probably be $200 more after taxes. Seems high to me, but I dunno.

Chris

sleewell

seems like decent deal and there is value in being local so fedex/ups doesn't ruin it.

i have seen them around 2k used online but you would never get to play them first which also adds value.

you can always try offering them less...

Last edited:

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
seems like decent deal and there is value in being local so fedex/ups doesn't ruin it.

i have seem them around 2k used online but you would never get to play them first which also adds value.

you can always try offering them less...
Thanks. I did offer them less over my lunch break today. ;) They just lowered it $300 like yesterday/today, so they wouldn't budge. I want it pretty badly, but I need to feel like I'm getting a good (or at least fair) deal.

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
1800-2200 on and older one in decent shape. I think 2400 on the like-new one sounds acceptable if you really want it.

I’d hold out for one in $2000 range, but that’s just me.

megaboogie

Silver Supporting Member
It's a bit high even considering it's minty, but then you get risk free 45 days to return it if you end up not digging it with your setup.

fatbagg

Gold Supporting Member
I asked for $2,399 out the door. That would save me quite a bit in taxes and seemed fair, but no go.

I actually left my name and number with “Bogner XTC $2,399 OTD” on a piece of paper like I’m some slick car buyer. Lol. I’ve never done anything like that before. Ha ha.
It’s a fair price. The question at hand was ‘fair price’, which that is. People keep saying $2000, but that’s a deal! Also depends on covering, options, tubes, etc... I see no problem!

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
It’s a fair price. The question at hand was ‘fair price’, which that is. People keep saying $2000, but that’s a deal! Also depends on covering, options, tubes, etc... I see no problem!
I appreciate everyone’s input! It’s very helpful.

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
I hope you get it! I think the price is good that they listed it at but if you can get a bit more off of it, why not.

It is a great amp!

Jabby92

50% off the new price is a good entry I'd say, so $1900-$2200 or so. I try to aim for 60% off most amps if possible.

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
Once gas gets her claws in you there is no stopping it. The 101b is a serious amplifier. It can do just about anything you need but you have to get to know her. The presence typically needs to be run high on these, at least at lower volumes. Its a different amp when the power tubes are cooking. But very loud.

The Blue channel and its singing lead tone and harmonic feedback is something to behold. Nothing like it.

Trending Topics