What's a good BIG pedal board

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, May 19, 2015.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

I'm talking BIG.

This is for home studio use only. I have a separate PT Pro that will house my live set up / alternative recording setup. I don't like to leave all my other pedals locked away. I like to use a lot of them without having to constantly switch them in and out. Right now i'm using a PT Jr just for the drives and modulation effects and i have a PT Pro for just the delays and reverbs.

I want it all to go on one big board.

What do you recommend?

2. mgarrison99

mgarrison99 Silver Supporting Member

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  3. JerEvil

JerEvil Supporting Member

Splawn has a 36 x 16. That's pretty darn big. I am probably going to grab one for my home board.

[​IMG]

They come black but can be covered in most any tolex. My Spawn board is 24' wide. It is covered in red boa tolex.

4. ringemaster

ringemaster Member

5. highrise

highrise Member

Talk to Bob Savage on GAB...have him make you a giant custom board.

You're not gonna find one big and bad enough for your collection. Trust me...I've tried.

FWIW, I ...JUST...ordered a Temple Trio 43...but it's still not big and bad enough for your rig.

6. JerEvil

JerEvil Supporting Member

Bobs boards are indeed gorgeous. Miss mine. Sold it when I wiped out my pedal collection. I should have known I'd buy a bunch more pedals...

7. darkinners

darkinners Member

Pedaltrain Grande? Since you already using Pedaltrain setup.

8. 100JH

100JH Member

Yup. PT Grande.

9. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Check out the double-decker "wide" Holey Board from Chemistry Design Works. I have a massive assortment of pedals and they all fit on it. Great functionality/design, and the owner is a great guy. Really good value too. PM me if you want to see how mine is setup right now.

10. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Thanks guys! Some great options here. Looks aren't very important since it will just be at home so not looking to spend an arm and a leg.

I actually do not like my PT's because pedal placement is very limited and I feel like so much space is wasted.

I think the Temple Trio 43 is exactly what i'm looking for. I love the way the pedals lock in and the options of placement is infinite. You can really utilize all the space and so many options for putting the cables underneath as well. I can see this being a VERY clean set up.... it would be nice to get rid of velcro too.. i had all the dirt and carpet and junk that ends up caught in it. Although, i'd probably have to go all Temple and that point and get rid of the PTs which i'm not opposed to..... hmmm....

Anyone else have experience with Temple's boards? Any negatives using them?

11. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

If it's just at home, why not make your own? Get a shelf from IKEA in whatever size you want, slap some rubber feet on it.

12. dognmoon

dognmoon Supporting Member

There are SO many pedalboard companies out there using a really similar "wedge box" design covered in leather, tweed, etc. Multiple names, same boards. I'm sure they're all great but I've never cared for them over a straightforward, Bradshaw-style flat board. Rooster at Trailer Trash makes a well-made "flat trash" board in a few sizes. I've had the smaller one and now have the much larger one as an around-town board.

To your Temple question, I have a T17 that I use for fly gigs (most of what I do these days) and, while the routing is cool for power and stereo ins and out, I don't care for the plates at all and the top of the board flexed so much I had to put a sheet of plexiglass over the top to make it more rigid. And mine is the smallest size. I'm sure there are players who love the Temple series, but I literally only use mine because I like the Pelican case it comes in for extra TSA protection. That is the ONLY reason I still use it.

13. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Because i'm Ruiner and i buy stuff. :dunno

:rotflmao

No i'm kidding. That's a great idea but i'd just rather have a nice looking board set up at home rather than a shelf on the floor.

I don't know. I'm liking this Temple business at the moment.

14. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Ahhh, this is the kind of information i'm looking for regarding Temple and didn't even think about that. I have some very large heavy pedals that would go on this (3 Moogs) so this could definitely be an issue.

I was thinking flat board myself before starting this thread so i'll look into that.

15. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

You can paint the board black and make it look nice. I did that, came out great!
    This one isn't mine, but it's pretty darn big...

[​IMG]

16. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

17. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Yeah i agree it's a great idea but time is an issue these days. If i built one... which i probably will one of these days... i'm going to make it super custom and detailed and do it right. In the meantime, i just want something to throw them on that makes sense.

18. Ev O)))

Ev O))) Member

if it's as big as your boards normally are then flat might suck for reaching up the back.

I dunno where you live, but the Australian $ is WAY down and this guy has done some international stuff recently. Maybe as a result of that, but maybe on the back of an awesome product. http://www.pedalboardsbycaseman.com.au/products.html Jetsetter custom might be worth a look. He will do what you please.

Peep this:https://www.facebook.com/candccases...5432420956855/477062329127194/?type=1&theater for $480 Kanga Koins.

There is another post further down the page mentioning a board he built for the Bondi FX guys who are USA based.
    Also here's a burgs demo of thre one he had built for himself.
    That's $500 AUDs so $400 US. Nifty design and whatnot too.

I dunno if you could be ****ed with buying from somewhere else ESPECIALLY considering the size you are after but I know you like to splash the cash and this is a pretty awesome product at a good price. Just throwin it out there :D

Edit: also the other guitarist in my band has a different style board by him but in the same kind of case and believe me man, the case is legit.