Whats a good humbucker guitar that is lightweight?

TubeStack

Silver Supporting Member
The SG was my immediate thought.
Me too.

OP, be sure to try a few, as always.

I just bought a 2016 Faded and can't believe what a smoking player it is, more than any other SG I've owned or tried. (Have owned a 2013 Standard, still own a 1974 Special, and tried many others in stores.)

friend33

Gold Supporting Member
Look for those made of Korina or Spanish Cedar. Those are both in the mahogany family but very lightweight. Koll is using Spanish Cedar lately, as are some other builders.

Matlock

Hollow body guitars will certainly fit your lightweight and humbucker requirements. PRS hollowbody II or gibson cs-336 as examples.

MangoMango

Gold Supporting Member
I second the Reverend recommendation and I'm 100% behind the current offerings........but I would also add that USA Reverends are below 7.
If you want HH then look for a Rocco. They often come with mini toggles as well for split coils.
Professional grade guitars that hold up to abuse and stay in tune forever.

Russ73

My PRS S2 Mira is 5 lbs and stays in tune all day and my standard 22 is just over 6 lbs, SGs are lightweight but they kinds sit funny while playing, OP play one first to see of you like, the PRSi sit nice and balanced...

BADHAK

My 06 Faded LP Special with Pearly Gates is my #1 and is around 7 pounds. Great guitar.
The SG Std i owned was really nice and about 6 pounds.
The Faded Flying V i owned was really good and about 7 pounds.
All with humbuckers. Lots of choices.

Bob Longo

Double Platinum Member
Huber Krautster II. Mine is 7 lbs. There was a Spanish Cedar
one that was 4.8 lbs. but I chose the heavier of the two. Humbucker and P90.

Gclef

Carvin/keisel h2, h2 headless, vaders are all well below 7 pounds. Some may even be sub six pounds.

Trending Topics