• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

What's a good overdrive pedal?

jaxjaxon

I am using the TC Tube Pilot. It use's a 12AX7 tube. you can change the tube to any pre amp 9 pin tube for different OD effect sound and if you take the board out and turn it over it has a bias trim pot like in a pre amp to adjust the voltage of the tube. The only draw back is it has no tone control. So I use a EQ after the pedal to sculpt the tone.

Jazzandmore

Gold Supporting Member
I’m designing an Underdrive pedal. So you crank up your amp and get as much Gain as you want. Then when you step on my Underdrive pedal, your amp cleans up. The Deluxe version will allow you to go from insane metal Gain levels down to acoustic guitar mellow.

Stratburst70

My Keeley Red Dirt sounds magical into a blackface Fender amp. Anything else ... not so much. When playing through other amps, I usually reach for my Green Rhino.

So yes, my favourite overdrives tend to be TS-based.

guitarnet70

The one that brings a smile in your face... It is like with womens: each of us search for something different :p:D

lcfparty35

I’m designing an Underdrive pedal. So you crank up your amp and get as much Gain as you want. Then when you step on my Underdrive pedal, your amp cleans up. The Deluxe version will allow you to go from insane metal Gain levels down to acoustic guitar mellow.
I think it should sound instantly like you turned all the knobs on the amp to zero except volume which is set to be barely audible, like barely on. You know, when you really wanna under drive your amp and get those "it's 4am and I have work in the morning and everyone is asleep but I just gotta play that riff from 'sunshine of your love' one more time" tones.

Sea_Dweller

I have a 1981 Inventions DRV that I love...it does low gain drive really nice and is super articulate and dynamic sensitive.

I probably use my Strymon Sunset dual overdrive the most. It sounds incredible and has 6 different kinds of overdrive on board, stack or run parallel, plus a noise gate feature built in. I had a Benson Preamp which was awesome too but I could match the sound with my Sunset so I sold it.

On the cheaper end I really loved my BOSS OD-3. Great classic overdrive sound.