What's a good replacement for the AM standard trem?

John Bell

Silver Supporting Member
I'd like to replace the stock AM standard trem on my strat.At least the saddles.

Ray Gianelli

John, while they're not for everyone I really like the Graphtech String Saver saddles. I would have thought that they would deaden the string's vibration but they don't.

Is your trem a 2 point?

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
I recommend the Hipshot trem with steel block - it's the smoothest replacement for the AM Standard I've found - here's one - it's on the lower right hand corner.

http://guitarpartsresource.com/gbridge_hipshottremolo.htm

42100C.jpg

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
the callaham replacement bent-steel saddles for the american series fenders are the ticket.

fender finally caught on and redesigned them for '08.

John,I am suggesting this under advisement;what works for one guy will not necessarily work for another.I have had a Wilkinson VSVG on my strat for over a year.Matte Henderson sent it to me,but I believe they can be acquired through All Parts.It is the smoothest piece of gear of this variety that is currently made,and has a steel block that comes with it, and a drop in type arm(a la PRS).I think it is a direct drop in for the American Fenders.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
this is what i was referring to (finally got around to rigging up photobucket). the rest of the bridge is already decent steel, so these would put you in vintage strat territory.
sd_as.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom