What's a good speaker for a tube rectified JTM45?

fuzz+strat

I'm going for a Wilco/Allman Bros. kinda sound with a 1x12 cab. I'm looking at the Eminence GB12, the Weber Silver Bell or maybe another Scumback.

Possible?

John55

I use a 2x12 cab with M75 Scumbaks, really love the tone this setup provides, but wouldn't put it in the Allman Bros. tone camp. For that you really need a JBL D120 to get it right.

fuzz+strat

I use a 2x12 cab with M75 Scumbaks, really love the tone this setup provides, but wouldn't put it in the Allman Bros. tone camp. For that you really need a JBL D120 to get it right.

What tone camp would you put your setup in?

57special

Silver Supporting Member

I use the same thing. Really good sound, nice cleans, but not that country clean. Maybe the Gold Alnico, or a JBL?

John55

My rig does the Beano era Clapton thing to perfection, as well as early Cream, AC/DC, ZZ Top.

Flux

I use a Weber Silver Bell/ Blue Dog combination with mine. Has a real nice smooth clean but opens up nicely when driven. I modded mine to have more of a plexi 'bright' channel though and I'm using EL34's. A more standard JTM45 may not sound as good (or not)
Having said that, I'm curious about the Gold - post back if you try it out, pleez.

frank4001

I just had a great night through a 2x12 with a 50 watt Ceramic Silver Bell and a Jensen NEO....yes Jensen's and Webers can get along...

fuzz+strat

I'm guessing not many of you saw this at 1:30 this morning. :D I'm thinking about either a Weber Silver Bell or GB12...

fuzz+strat

Sorry, I don't have any clips. I wish I did. I don't even have the cab that housed this setup anymore. I wish I did :roll

Can you tell me a bit more about the setup? :D What kind of music do you play? Do you use single coils or humbuckers? What kind of tones did you get?

shizzaq

Silver Supporting Member
I am using a Weber Silver Bell Alnico and Blue Dog Alnico and I am very happy with this set up. Before getting this new cab set up I was using a g12h30 and a v30 and the Weber speakers where a huge improvement. If you using just one speaker I would suggest the 50 watt alnico bluedog with the pre rola treatment.

fuzz+strat

I am using a Weber Silver Bell Alnico and Blue Dog Alnico and I am very happy with this set up. Before getting this new cab set up I was using a g12h30 and a v30 and the Weber speakers where a huge improvement. If you using just one speaker I would suggest the 50 watt alnico bluedog with the pre rola treatment.

The BD clips sound pretty good on the Weber site, but it's kinda dark sounding to me, especially with the Strat. Why would you pick it over the SB?

Flux

The BD and SB together really compliment each other, which is why it's a popular choice.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom