What's a good treble booster for LP to Shiva Combo?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JoeYello, Jul 6, 2006.

1. JoeYello

JoeYello Member

I think a good treble booster between my Les Paul and EL-34 Shiva combo would sound great. What are some of my choices? I have an older Crispy Creme with no LED or external power tap so it's not an ideal choice for me, although it does sound okay.

2. MemphisCR

MemphisCR Member

Check out the BSMs, there's a slew of different ones. I use the RM and it sounds glorious through non-master Marshall and Vox style amps. However, they don't have LEDs or external power options either so it puts you right back in the same boat, but Oh do they sound delicious!

3. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

The treble boost on my Eternity pedal is amazing

4. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

There's a lovepedal twin60 on ebay right now....was a GODSEND for my Shiva...plus its too boosts in one.

5. Telecaster

Telecaster Member

/13 DynaRanger. Volume control and 5-position switch so that you can go from Rangemaster treble boost to almost full range boost.

6. dk_ace

dk_ace Member

I like the HBE Germania. Does a great job with my rig, TB, has a full range boost option, and all for $99. Great little pedal IMHO.

D

7. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

+1 I own two!

8. michael dukes

michael dukes Member

Agree on the /13 DynaRanger, simply a perfect pedal for what it does. I love it with both Marshall and AC30 type amps. The 5 position switch = major versatility.

9. JoeYello

JoeYello Member

The DynaRanger is definately one that I had my eye on. I also own an AC-30 and this could be the ticket for both amps.

10. Matt F

Matt F Member

Analogman Beano Boost.. Love it!

11. Tprince

Tprince Member

+1. Your best option, IMO.

12. Phil M

Phil M Member

There are so many great ones. The Analogman Beano Boost is nice and raw, the Java Boost is smooth and super versatile, the Time Machine Boost is incredible, and the Don Butler Rangemaster is just flat out nasty and mean with Les Paul and EL-34 style amp. That's the one I kept; it has the LED but no power tap ... the other 3 all have LEDs and power.

There's a Kaden Chirper in the Emporium right now with the features you desire. I don't think you'll go wrong there.

13. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

Beano Boost - sounds killer w/'buckers & EL34s! Mates well in front of another OD pedal (OCD) too!

14. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

I love my Addrock Boostmaster. Makes anything British sound even better. The full range boost is my fave ever for solos. I've tried a few others but the Addrock just does it for me. The NKT275 trannies have THE sound.