What's a handy way to organize LOOPS?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Crowder, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Crowder

Crowder Dang Twangler Silver Supporting Member

All my demos use virtual drums, and I've taken advantage of the frequent sales at the loop loft to build a good collection of grooves to supplement my EZDrummer, Logic X Drummer and Apple Loops options.

Organizing and managing my loop library has become a bit of an issue. I have some loops in the Apple format and once those are installed in the right location, they're easy to browse in the Logic loop library. Other loops are MIDI format only, and I've got those set up to browse in EZ Drummer.

I'd like to have a tool that made it easy to browse all of my loops, regardless or format, and listen to samples quickly and easily to find what I'm after. Are there any apps out there for managing a large library of loops?

2. Thump

Thump Member

Standalone apps, I'm not sure of, but ACID has a component called Media Manager, which handles audio and MIDI, which is exactly what you want. It looks like this (all trees expand):
    [​IMG]

Later tonight when I'm not at the office I can describe how the hierarchy works (I sorta designed it)

3. Crowder

Crowder Dang Twangler Silver Supporting Member

Cool. Anyone else know of a handy way to do this? I'm currently using the browser in EZ Drummer 2 for the MIDI loops, but you have to know what you're looking for. Still kind of a slog.