What's an easier to find OD similar to a silver kiss?

Looking for a sweet "jangly/chimey" OD.

Ric 360/Jag > hotcake(always on) > rat (for more grind) > whatever new OD I get > ac15(with celestion blue England made)

I gather a silver kiss would work, but they are bit tough to find and pricey if I do. what else might set me right there? few I'm considering; fairfield barbershop v1 as the layout would work perfectly for my board and it's cheaper than v2, sweet honey, liquid sunshine, CB30, blues driver, etc.

I've had a timmy and barber gain changer, so I want something new.

Thanks friends

jdel77

Great pedal. I always thought it was like a Voxy Timmy with a mid control in sound even though the circuits are nothing alike.
You might want to check out a Liquid Sunshine or Runoffgroove's Supreaux Deux which is a JFET Supro emulator. Has that similar Class A drive sound going on.

Jet Age Eric

Based on description (haven't played a Silver Kiss), you could get this with a POT, just turn the treble boost pot up inside and use the control to adjust bass content. -E

WhoJamFan

DMB Stellar Drive worked great on my 330 with toasters. The clean blend is so much better than the Sparkle Drive one and the od could get a wide range of sounds.

dysorexia

Based on description (haven't played a Silver Kiss), you could get this with a POT, just turn the treble boost pot up inside and use the control to adjust bass content. -E
No, they're very different. The POT is very similar to a bluesbreaker and doesn't have the same Vox-y drive the Silver Kiss. I think the only pedal that comes close is the Bearfoot Emerald Overdrive

Jet Age Eric

No, they're very different. The POT is very similar to a bluesbreaker and doesn't have the same Vox-y drive the Silver Kiss. I think the only pedal that comes close is the Bearfoot Emerald Overdrive
If you turn up the internal treble boost it becomes very jangly, irrespective of what an actual Blues Breaker does. That doesn't mean it sounds like a Silver Kiss, but it fits the original description. -E

Sikor

Silverkiss is hard to replace, that's why I kept 2 of them :D

BTW I would scratch Sweet Honey from the list.
I had one and IMHO it cannot replace SilverKiss.

But that's SilverKiss mk2.

I had also first version and it was crazy glassy sounding :bonk

Godspeed64

Wow I really hated the Silver kiss v1 when I had one! Surprised to see people still talking about it now.

I'm lucky to get my "glassy" overdrive all settled. Custom ordered from a dude who is now a friend, my Morningstar OD88 that has been through multiple gigs and recordings.

Also in threads like this, people tend to mention Lovepedal just because of the glass knob but somehow I don't find it glassy?

danipman

I thought that SK Trinity serial number looked familiar. I sold it to that guy on ebay!!!!!!

Trending Topics