What’s giving you GAS right now?

Ron

Silver Supporting Member
I thought I was becoming immune to GAS, but lightning struck me when I started playing some Jimmy Reed shuffles and thought it would be cool to have a Kay Thin Twin. Amazon is selling the Kay reissue K161VBK for $720 shipped (and free return shipping if you don't like it), which was too tempting to pass up. They said 4-5 weeks delivery, but the next day I saw it had been shipped from NJ. If you want to know what a $720 Kay sounds like, check out Greg's Guitars playing one on YouTube. Resistance is futile, good buddy!

wilson1

Axes:
Kauer Super Chief & Banshee Deluxe
A tele (tossing up a JV, 52 AVRI, 62 Custom black double bound & Nocaster -2 of these)
Gibson J45
Fender EJ Strat w/RW board
Fender Clapton Strat
Explorer + V

Amps:
Park P45 (currently being built)
Park Rock Head (next order)
Kingsley Deluxe 50 (when that spot comes up :p )

FX:
BJF Model H
BJF Honey Bee
I'm on the list for a Bastion. Probably be dead before I get it though. lol

Strugglebug

There's a ghostly whitewashed pine tele body on Reverb that has been haunting me since Halloween.

It doesn't help that I already have everything else ready to go and just collecting dust here -- wenge/ziricote neck, Wilde Keystone pickups, Rutters bridge, reverse control plate already wired with 4-way switching...

bearshit

The right lawsuit vintage Japanese G type copy(ies).
I was obsessed with this too about 2 years ago. Get familiar with some of the shops in Japan (I'm sure you are) and you'll find one worth taking the leap. I bought a 79' Burny from TC-Gakki for about $600 shipped. It has a neck repair which is why it was so cheap. Kind of a crazy risk but I rolled the dice because it's a pretty good shop and the shop did the repair. Every once in awhile risk pays off. Japanese folks don't really like player-grade type guitars so if your budget is tight you'll find a better deal than in the states. I did put new pots in it. Kind of a must for Burny's from this era as they used the wrong values from the factory. It's probably the best guitar I own. I was absolutely broke at the time and a stupid decision I will never regret. The early 80s Tokai are worth saving for. I'd sell the Burny for a nice early 80s Tokai in a heartbeat. IMG_20200426_122501241.jpg

bluesking55

There's a Mjt Tele here for sale.. cant tell you how many times I almost got it.. Uncertain how all this is gonna go and I cant sell anything locally or........ also have some unexplained medical issues

beeflin

IF (a very big IF) I had the money...

Origin Effects Sliderig Custom MkII
I don't have a compressor and this, with its 2x 1176s, familiar to me from recording & mixing, is the only one I would feel comfortable with.

Source Audio EQ2
Upgrade from Ammoon EQ7.

Electro Harmonix Mod 11
Upgrade from Sonicake 5th Dimension.

Source Audio Spectrum
Upgrade from Mooer Envelope.

And just four more guitars, please!

Gibson Custom Shop 1964 Firebird III
G&L ASAT Special
Vigier Excalibur Surfreter
Gibson Les Paul Lou Pallo (RIP Lou, he passed very recently)

Attachments

Bernardo G.

Several things, but this Ibanez RG Prestige is talking to me, tempting me, flirting with me, invading my thoughts...

Ibanez RGR5220M.png

Maybe I can justify buying it under the premise that "it's green and we need to keep our Cristmas spirit alive in these hard times, and green is a Christmas color, sooooo...".

And also this, it seems like a very practical tool for rehearsals and fly gigs:

FlyRig 5 v2.png

Beng2040

Silver Supporting Member
I'm really wanting to buy back a 69 Custom Shop Strat that I sold to a friend a couple years ago. He's holding it for me but I want it NOW!

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...
Gold Supporting Member
I'm afraid that I have telecaster fever at the moment.

I also have some offset aches and pains.
Exactly the same for me this year. Ended buying an American Original 60's Tele in Fiesta Red and a Relic'd Fano JM6 with P-90's (my avatar). Am totally in love with both at the moment...

hallissyc

Silver Supporting Member
EBMM Cutlass -- one of the older, non Reserve Stock models. The roasted necks on the newer models don't do much for me, and the prices are crazy. The older models were perfect.
I love my 2020 Cutlass HSS with the roasted neck - picked it up for like $1900 (demo) on Sweetwater.

hallissyc

Silver Supporting Member
I bought a musicman axis 2001 shortly after evh passing and I got hooked. Thing is I never really owned a floyd equipped guitars before and now Im gassing for an axis super sport with the vintage trem.

if we are talking about multiple gas, Im also gassing for a skreddy hybrid fuzz driver and a marshall plexi of some kind.
I was after an Axis before he died but didn't pull the trigger...and then after he died people bought them all up. I actually called MM to see what their plans were for the future. They are waiting until Summer/Fall 2021 to release the new ones - I guess they are releasing some new colors.

hallissyc

Silver Supporting Member
IF (a very big IF) I had the money...

Origin Effects Sliderig Custom MkII
I don't have a compressor and this, with its 2x 1176s, familiar to me from recording & mixing, is the only one I would feel comfortable with.

Source Audio EQ2
Upgrade from Ammoon EQ7.

Electro Harmonix Mod 11
Upgrade from Sonicake 5th Dimension.

Source Audio Spectrum
Upgrade from Mooer Envelope.

And just four more guitars, please!

Gibson Custom Shop 1964 Firebird III
G&L ASAT Special
Vigier Excalibur Surfreter
Gibson Les Paul Lou Pallo (RIP Lou, he passed very recently)
Those ASAT Specials are nice - why the G&L over a tele? I am in the market as well.

warchol

Silver Supporting Member
Henry AC10 SRT -or Morgan AC20
Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion
Anderson Raven
Fender 5E4-A tweed Super with 6V6 output tubes
Reinhardt Talyn
Carr Artemus 2X10 "Boombox"

Any cheaply priced, physically stable guitar that I like, that “fits” me, that hasn’t died structurally, and that I’m personally capable of improving, fret dressing, set up, electronics, hardware, etc.

I love making what most people consider worthless, junk guitars into good to great players.

Sure it’s time consuming and can be expensive at times, but it’s very rewarding to me.

My playing life is over except for couch playing, but my love for guitars lives on, especially for the ones that most players wouldn’t own, well not until I’m finished with them anyway, LOL.

Trending Topics