What's going on between Keeley & Fender?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Maction, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Maction

Maction Member

From http://rkfx.com/home.php

NEWS 01.04.2006
    [​IMG]
    "See ya at the NAMM SHOW! Booth 1279 and see us at the Fender Booth! FENDER IS NOW CARYING THE KEELEY EFFECTS LINE! Booth 207A"

*AND*

NEWS 12.26.2005
    [​IMG]
    "I'd like to thank our friends at Fender that have taken us on and placed their first order. It seems that you'll be able to get Fender Dealers sometime in February! I'd also like to thank folks like Jack Orman, David Szabados, Buck Nosaka, VARITA GUITARS, MrBlueTone, The Rev, Trailer Trash and Pedal Train pedal boards, George L Ladies, Paul Priest, and so many more including the entire Keeley Tech and Support Team."

...does anyone have any more info? does this mean Fender dealers will be distributing Keeley's products, or that Fender is going to produce them as well?

I'm trying not to jump to conclusions here, but it kind of gives me a bad feeling.

2. tayste_2000

tayste_2000 Member

Good: If any fender dealer carrys keeley products

Very Very Bad: If fender are now to produce keeley products

No idea which of these it is, but those are my thoughts I hope it's number 1

3. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

Maybe it means that Guitar Center/Musicians Friend will be shucking Keeley products. Cha-Ching. Good for Bobbie.

4. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

There could be some very interesting developments...

5. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Sounds like a distribution thing, I can't imagine Keeley peds made by Fender?
    Greg

6. Maction

Maction Member

so, am I the only one worried that if Keeley tries to make enough units to stock Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, Sam Ash, etc., that he won't be able to maintain his super-high quality and amazing customer support?

maybe Keeley will just be available through dealers that carry the Custom Shop Fenders? that would make sense...

7. Lefty

Lefty Member

Here's another one 4 U...I wonder what Boss/Ibanez will have to say if Fender picks up the Keeley line of modded pedals?

On one hand Keeley will be buying a crapload of Boss/Ibanez pedals. On the other it may cut into the sales of regular Boss/Ibanez pedals. I dunno, very interesting....

8. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I don't know but did you see the way Keeley was looking at Fender? There is definitely something going on between those two!

9. Dajbro

Dajbro Member

10. mavrick10_2000

mavrick10_2000 Member

Nothing to worry about folks. As the other poster mentioned read Robert's reply at HC.

Short Version: All effects will still be made by Robert and Team in Oklahoma. Robert retains all rights to his designs. Robert can cancel the deal at any time.

Basically a win-win for Robert and musicians. More distribution channels, ie Guitar Center etc.

11. Maction

Maction Member

Thanks for the link, Dajbro!

12. mitrich

mitrich Member

Can we still call Keeley FX - boutique?

13. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

14. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

alright, more Guitar Center museum pieces in the glass cases, like all the fulltone stuff. But, I'm pleased they will be there to try out, congrats to RK. It's always good when one can do what they love for their job.