Whats going on in this segment...

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by rublalup, Jan 16, 2015.

1. rublalup

rublalup Member

Hello to everybody. I've been reading this forum for a time and trying to learn from all of you. Thanks for your time and effort.

I've been playing guitar for a long time and consider myself an semi-intermediate player. Been looking for a teacher that can get me to the next level but the ones I've met I just couldn't match with their styles. So I've been watching some videos and trying to learn on my own.

My question is about a segment on the song Time Machine by The Winery Dogs (love that band)... It starts around 0:50... I can hear the guitar playing a#/c/a# f/g /f 4 times but the third time something changes in the harmony (I guess what Sheenan is doing on the bass)... Truth is I have no clue what is... And I can't get it with my ears... I just think it sounds great and will like to know what's happening.

Here's a link to the vid:

http://youtu.be/4qhxvnMDf2E

Thanks for your help

2. RLD

RLD Member

You've got it.
    They are basically playing the same thing till the part at :50 where Sheenan pedals a G while the guitar does the two note riffs you mentioned, then the the bass drops to an F then a C while the guitar stays the same...vocals change as well.

3. rublalup

rublalup Member

thanks a lot... dont have a guiar atm to try it... it sounds great IMO... would love to hear the theory behind it