What's live music looking like for you this month in your area?

KiddBilly

Still slow and cautionary when it comes to full band stuff, since you can't stick anybody in an outdoor area given how cold it has gotten. Acoustic duo/solo stuff is plentiful as ever because it is very low risk for both parties. Its very easy to isolate when there are only two or three people in the group. I'm the busiest I've ever been with mine, actually. Its wonderful.

Church gigs are plentiful because a lot of these places are super church sort of deals where they can fit almost an arena sized crowd in their sanctuary area. So they can let more people in and still be socially distanced then other places. Limited capacity for them is still a sizable audience.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
no touring for me; i would have been out of the country, right now & throughout '21.
no local performances, other than unattended ones via internet.

MrDoty

Silver Supporting Member
we tape the church gig every wednesday and we play with the band live, no congregation....nothing else going on here, no weddings, clubs, outdoor gigs etc. studio stuff in going on though.

sfletch

We've done live stream-type things here and there since March. Not as many as I would have liked. Doing a solo one Saturday night (gratuitous self-promotion of mediocrity to follow):

Badstrat

Gold Supporting Member
I haven’t gigged since March except at my church that started the band back up recently. The live scene is extremely quiet with some soloists or duos getting some work. The virus is almost non existent in my country (Australia) but people just aren’t going out and I think it will take a long time for that to change.

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
Played in an assisted living place last night-streaming from their auditorium. No risk there, I hope. Gulp

madness-d1a

Gold Supporting Member
In Chicago area, no full band live music....and its been this way for a long while. Some small (real small) joints have acoustic solo/duo acts....not sure how...all clubs are supposed to be on lockdown.

olejason

Anyone else feeling like we won't see a return in most areas this year? I'm guessing 2022-2023 for my town. I have friends in Florida playing most nights of the week right now haha

Kborg

Gold Supporting Member
I'm in Florida and there are shows pretty regular outdoors. We have good weather and lots of outdoor venues. My band gigs about 1 or 2 times a month but that was all we really wanted to do anyway. I'm a lucky guy. :cool:

mtmartin71

Gold Supporting Member
In Denver, my old band (now a Springsteen tribute band mostly) has been playing at the Oriental Theater (if you know the area and venue) in their safe and sound series. They restrict the number of people in and spread them out. It's an old style performance theater set up. He also played an outdoor gig on a covered stage, with some snow. It's possible I guess.

BadAssBill

Gold Supporting Member
If I'm being truthful, my band stopped playing back in April for month...but that's it. In 2019 we had about 60 gigs total....in 2020 I had about 10, but my band never stopped playing. I think I played an hour long set with them back in October, and that was about it. It was a large venue but not as busy as normal, and tips are higher than normal. We are nearly booked for 2021...but I'm not sure when I'll be back playing with them. Everyone in the band, but the drummer, has had covid and pulled through.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
Mostly acoustic duo type gigs here in NJ at the moment. Too cold for outdoor gigs and capacity restrictions are such that it makes no sense to have a full band indoors.

Trending Topics