1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

What's loose in my Gary Moore LP?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by digthosetubes, May 3, 2008.

1. digthosetubes

digthosetubes Senior Member

Bought this Gary Moore LP. $1750
    Nice guitar. I like the burstbusters.
    Anyway....something's ratling around up there by the peghead -- sorta under the truss rod cover. I'm afraid to find out what might be wrong.

Any experts? I'm a total Gibson newbie and have no idea about truss rods and such.

Thx.

2. omni

omni Member

Sounds like a loose tuning key.

3. Janglin_Jack

Janglin_Jack Member

Burstbuckers, I think. :D

Could be something trapped under the trussrod cover, pull it off and check and see. The Trussrod nut could be loose, but I doubt it as the neck would probably have way too much relief, (hopefully the trussrod is not broken).

Jack

4. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

Also check the wire on the bridge.
    Sometimes that vibrates and gives a sympathetic vibration that appears to be at the headstock.

5. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

Dead bug under the truss rod cover :) :D

6. morlll

morlll Member

A gold earing with a 2 carat diamond

7. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Silver Supporting Member

Could the truss rod itself be loose? I owned a Heritage H-535 that had a buzz that seemed to be coming from inside the neck. :confused:
    I checked the truss rod and it was completely slack. I tightned her to just where she was starting to pull and problem solved.