What's my next OD?

d-b

I have Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet and ZVex Box of Rock and I want to add one more OD for a wide range of options. Please suggest! Here is some criteria...
  • Mostly Rythym use (no need for violin like solos...)
  • No or little compression
  • open, defined notes, amp like
  • Thick and meaty but with some bite
  • Versatile (can get nasty but cleans up good)
  • Gots me some fuzz so none of those please
Any Ideas?
EDIT:Check the bottom and comment on the short list please...

Last Nerve

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Gold Supporting Member
Skreddy Screw Driver?
Catalinbread Silver Kiss?

Both of these strike me quickly, because they do clean up with the volume knob so well.

I honestly think the OCD will overlap too much with the BoR.
What fuzz do you have?

Ed Alvarado

I gots me a fuzz...can anyone elaborate on their recomendation?
All I can say is that what you described is exaclty how the Firefly sounds to me. It is not a singing or violin type tone at all and it just sounds like a cool pushed amp. It has a 3 way switch for the mids which is really nice. I know it's tough to describe tone but that's the best I can do.
Best of luck with your search,
Ed

a Timmy or Tim would go well. Does light gain and really shines as a rhythm, chordal crunch pedal. You can also experiment stacking with the BOR and FDII.... meets the criteria you listed.

Ed Alvarado

a Timmy or Tim would go well. Does light gain and really shines as a rhythm, chordal crunch pedal. You can also experiment stacking with the BOR and FDII.... meets the criteria you listed.
I think a Timmy would be a good choice as well. To me they have that power amp break up vibe going on.

bluesrules

MI Audio Blues Pro

It has the "openiess" of a Silver Kiss and the gain never gets above unuseable. No compression and cleans up better than my SK. At under $100 new, everybody should try one! It's voiced just right, IMO.

BTW: I also own a MI Audio Blues Boy Deluxe, but I think it has too much compresstion for you, though it works GREAT for Tele.

RDM

ProCo Rat or Barber Trifecta Fuzz.

Yes...I think you should go fuzz and not OD.

Trending Topics