What's that guitar?

devnulljp

Washburn - I think he had a sponsorship deal with them (at least I saw him in ads for them in the 80s). I don't think those guitars were production models though.
They were really into those weird shapes in the 80s--There was one really angular one I saw Micky Moody advertising, although I never actually saw him play anything but a Les Paul (OK maybe an SG too).

Pete Galati

That is a Washburn headstock shape.

He had another music video where he was playing the Washburn neck-thru double cutaway guitar (not the specific guitar) that I played years ago at a music store.

frankencat

Guitarded
Silver Supporting Member
Oh the girl. I used to know the guy who played on that record, Eddie Martinez and he played Hamers back then.

fixxxer80

Ok yes i know this thread is very old, and i only registered simply to reply to this thread, because i just had the set the record straight.

That guitar played in the Addicted to Love film clip, is not an HM-20v

Its an HM-80, an ultra rare prototype released prior to the HM-20, less than 100 HM-80 were ever made, Washburn didn't bother serializing them as so few were made.

The biggest difference between the HM-20v and HM-80 is the head stock, watch the addicted to love film clip the head stock is rounded (hockey stick like) the more common HM-20 is pointed.

Trending Topics