Whats the best analog delay in the 150 range?

mahler

Obviously there is the Carbon Copy, which I'm thinking of getting, but what else!

Also has anyone done comparisons of the CC and the Ibanez 180?

Thanks!

waters

The CMATMODS Deeelay and the Wampler Anaolg Echo are not analog. But I would take either of them over anything else mentioned here so far. I do in fact own a Deeelay.

marvelboy_04

id take the malekko over the carbon copy, but im waiting to get the deluxe memory boy which should be out soon and should be around 180. its analog with a digital "brain" so to say, so it has tap tempo and note subdivisions

geoangus

Silver Supporting Member
The CMATMODS Deeelay and the Wampler Anaolg Echo are not analog. But I would take either of them over anything else mentioned here so far. I do in fact own a Deeelay.
Crap, you're totally right - sorry, I didn't mean to mislead about the analog. Was just jumping at the best delay for $150

Unadan

I recommend the Carbon Copy - excellent ANALOG delay and true bypass with subtle but decent modulation.

mahler

I think I'm going to go for the Malekko 616!
I'll tell you how I found one in stock... tommorow after I order mine...hehe :D

bseamus

Both the CC and 616 are great. I have both and use them live which is where the 616 shines a little more than the CC . My opinion is you can't go wrong with either.

nic'o'caster

+1 The 616 has pushed the CC off my board, but I regret the dark repeats of the CC (with its light modulation it was the perfect blend of dark and vibey, simple but effective). The 616 sounds great and is more versatile but it's more difficult to find the sweet spots (pots are unsubtle, they go from nothing to too much).

The CC works great with bright sounding stuff such as a Tele in a Twin or a Deluxe reverb !
My 616 is from the first production, it has slightly overdriven repeats which sound cool with an original clean tone !

mahler

While you have a point outlier, I would hardly describe a Malekko 616 or many of the pedals listed here as Crappy!

Trending Topics