Whats the best chorus pedal for distorted guitar?

Chewy5150

Hey guys

I'm currently seeking a new chorus pedal for my rig and need opinions/help/etc on what would be best for my musical situation.

I play in a death metal band currently and want a chorus for added texture for clean passages and distorted lead solos. Right now I'm using a Boss CH-3 and for cleans its great but I feel its a little muddy when used with distortion and theres no way to eq it. My amp is a Mesa Mark IVa.

What versatile chorus would you recommend for my situation?

kludge

The droid you're looking for
Gold Supporting Member
Neunaber Chroma Chorus. A similar effect can be obtained with a little detuning in any pitch shifter. Very different sound from the dopplering of traditional analog chorus styles, but Chroma Chorus is the best I've tried.

DaveKS

Yep I use this dual detune after distortion/preamp.

For high gain whatever chorus you use I always prefer them after distortion and they must have a mix knob.

Set up a wet/dry dual amp rig if you can. Dry amp/speaker stays tight and focused and then wet voice fills in beside it. Even running line out to cab sim and then sending chorus to pa can work great.

71strat

MOOG Clusterflux. It also has a Very, Very Powerful Drive Circiut that will drive the P of of it. Clusterflux has More Drive than a Tube Screamer. Its not cheap though.

Or the Minifooger Chorus Really nice Chorus.

VivaVirilium

MOOG Clusterflux. It also has a Very, Very Powerful Drive Circiut that will drive the P of of it. Clusterflux has More Drive than a Tube Screamer. Its not cheap though.

Or the Minifooger Chorus Really nice Chorus.

I was going to recommend the 108m Clusterflux as well. I've only recently started messing around with the chorus setting (I mainly use it for flange) but it sounds GREAT and you can come up with some really cool, trippy sounds when you run it with distortion.

boppy

I would swap the CH-3 for a CH-1 Super Chorus.
It has the level control and a tone knob/EQ as well.

culiacant87

The detune mode on the digitech whammy is the best I've heard with gain. Although it's not my favorite chorus sound it is damn good.

OotMagroot

With distortion? Mr. Back Double Chorus. By far.

Since the chorus is kinda on the light side, the Mooer Ensemble King is also great with dirt.

Trending Topics