• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What's The Best Marshall In A Box Pedal Which Will Stop A Home Invader In their Tracks?

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
I've had a stagediver faceplant into my Amptweaker BigRock Pro and all that did was move a knob. His face, not so much, somewhere a dentist got the leather upgrade to his Benz off that guy.
You could seriously maime somebody if you hit them with one of these pedals, and probably kill them if you threw it hard enough. That sucker's all steel and heavy.

Kid Casseroli

One whack over the head with my Radial Hot British and it's good night Irene.
...and I'm sure she won't mind waiting for you to whack her while you disconnect it from your pedal board. :)
There's a lot of reasons to buy a Hot British, but I never thought of that one.
Not so sure if my BEOD would cut it though.
Send it to Dave for the "Intruder Mod".
(Actually: please don't...it doesn't exist.) :sarcasm
Will have my LP as back up.
Good move. You can never be sure when a string will break on the Strat during a home invasion.

I'd move out of that neighborhood.

Last edited:

MIM#1

I've had a stagediver faceplant into my Amptweaker BigRock Pro and all that did was move a knob. His face, not so much, somewhere a dentist got the leather upgrade to his Benz off that guy.
Wait, isn't he supposed to dive OFF the stage? LOL

Mr2D

The correct answer is the boss FV-500H.

It won't make Marshall sounds, but it is about a foot long, made of 5mil steel and weighs about 2 tonnes. You could knock a wall down with one.

tbader

Boss enclosures would probably be the go-to, too bad that they don't make a true MIAB.

This is Boss' MIAB. I am unsure of its authenticity, but it can be had for about 40 bucks on the used market. It, and the Combo Drive (Vox modeler), are both digital, however.

I really like the SL Drive, but I like real Marshalls even better.

Kid Casseroli

An armed US Marshall...waiting patiently in a box?
This thread needs motivation.
I think it's time we start thinking outside the box.

I've had a stagediver faceplant into my Amptweaker BigRock Pro and all that did was move a knob. That sucker's all steel and heavy.
For sure, the Amptweaker BigRock Pro has a lot of stopping power. My FatRock non-pro is half the size and still a lead weight. But sadly it's not a James Marshall in a box...rather, it's a James Brown in a box.

Last edited:

StormJH1

The Power Stack actually was close to being a decent Marshall pedal. Two-band EQ, decent enough output, and a good range of gain. Unfortunately, they baked in a nasal "cocked wah" thing that really rears its head when you turn up the gain. It was enough to get me to get rid of the pedal.

I still have the sister pedal, which is the Combo Drive, and I like that a fair amount for Vox-y tones (especially the lower gain jangly stuff). The COSM stuff from BOSS gets a bad rap, but some of it is decent, especially for bedroom level stuff or recording.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom