Whats the Best Noiseless Tele pickup?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by OrangeAD30TC, Jun 5, 2008.

1. OrangeAD30TC

OrangeAD30TC The venerable H.W.

Who make the best set of NOISELESS Tele pickups?

2. Knuckles

Knuckles Member

I like Bardens.
    Funny enough, I'm also really getting to like EMG Tele pickups after discussing them with Lucidology.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Supporting Member

4. Bassline

Bassline Member

I hated the Fender Vintage Noiseless (sounds like you have a wet blanket over your guitar to me), and I think even their new Samarium Colbalt Noiseless sound dull. The best sounding noiseless pickups I have found are Kinman.

5. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

For the bridge, I am floored by the Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Hot T. It is the same pickup that Vinetto puts in their guitars. Not expensive, but sounds like it.

6. bluesman69

bluesman69 Member

I like the Seymour Duncan Vintage Stack for Tele.

7. Bonedance

Bonedance Member

I quite like the Hot T meeself. As far as "best", it's what works for you...and since everyones needs in a pickup are different, it may take a bit of experementing to find the right ones.

I also dig Kinmans. EMG's are great too....then neck pup is splendid. Duncan makes some fine noiseless pickups as does Dimarzio. On the cheap, Dragonfires sound darn good.

8. rotren

rotren Member

Camrose, Alberta, Canada, but originally from Umea
    I like the DiMarzio Virtual T pickups. I haven't yet tried the Area pickups from DiMarzio, but I expect them to be at least as good, if not better. They are also priced right.

9. Telecaster62

Telecaster62 Member

Well, I guess to each his own. I REALLY love the Fender Vintage Noiseless in my American Standard Ash Tele. They are very clear, warm and articulate. They sound better than the stock pickups and it's not just to my ears, my tech raves about the guitar now. I tried Kinman's in my American Std. Strat and they were a disappointment. I could never get them balanced and the low E string lost volume over time until it was very noticably quieter than the other 5 strings. Now I know Kinman's are excellent and it's obvious I just got a bad set but I'm thinking the negative reviews of the Fender offerings could be from similar misfortune. On the other hand, maybe I just got a really good set. I do think the noiseless pickups may benefit from the brighter ash bodied guitars.