What's the best vibe for lots of distortion?

EagleDo

i can't find any online examples of vibe for distortion. Anybody have any experience? I'd like to get the full spectrum of the vibe coming through with some depth without losing anything.

bettset

it's amazing how vibes respond to different drive, fuzz and distortion pedals. good thing there are so many to look at. what kinda price range you looking at. yeah, the mega vibe, foxrox, mjm, sweet......cost plenty but deliver. then there's wilson, lovepedal and more that aren't as pricey and do nice. happy trails.......i tried 8-10 i think before it was clear the mjm was my vibe :munch

heyrobscott

I just got a mjm 60's vibe and it's magical. One thing special about it is it has the same low impedance as the original univibe, so if it's placed before a buffer in my chain, it's very dark when engaged. Placing it after a buffer keeps the highs intact, but I found I enjoyed it more in front for that signature chewy sound. Just something to keep in mind, as the placement will have a big impact on sound as you add high gain. All depends on what you're looking for.

ThePenwellCrash

Gold Supporting Member
My favorite traditional was the Fulltone Deja Vibe, but my favorite with Fuzz/Overdrive was the Bearfoot Mint Green Mini Vibe

Herb Utsmelz

'Tis what 'tis
Silver Supporting Member
The Lovepedal Vibronaut did it for me over EQD Depths, MXR, 2 Fulltone Dejas, and trying to skate with harmonic trems set to be vibe-like haha. The Lovepedal is highly adjustable by knobs and internal trimpots. I just traded it for something I needed more right now, but I will get another when the need or itch returns.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, the Lovepedal Vibronaut will suit your needs. I just recently plugged thru one pre and post dirt, I liked the results.

Serenity

Guitarsystems Vibe Tool is worth checking out. I think this is the one Steve Stevens is using becuse it's really good with high gain.

turtleboy3

it's amazing how vibes respond to different drive, fuzz and distortion pedals. good thing there are so many to look at. what kinda price range you looking at. yeah, the mega vibe, foxrox, mjm, sweet......cost plenty but deliver. then there's wilson, lovepedal and more that aren't as pricey and do nice. happy trails.......i tried 8-10 i think before it was clear the mjm was my vibe :munch
How do you compare the aquavibe to mjm?

bettset

How do you compare the aquavibe to mjm?
while the aquavibe is a great vibe, i just bonded with the mjm. that was 10 years ago. my old mjm 60's vibe is now a backup to his newer updated 60's vibe. the mjm i thought gave me more of the woodstock sound. the aqua sits in it's box :munch

heyrobscott

while the aquavibe is a great vibe, i just bonded with the mjm. that was 10 years ago. my old mjm 60's vibe is now a backup to his newer updated 60's vibe. the mjm i thought gave me more of the woodstock sound. the aqua sits in it's box :munch
When did he update the 60's vibe? I picked up a used smaller box, the same version you see on the mjm website, I assume any circuit change predates that?

camilok

Mojo Vibe has worked very well for me with KOT, Wampler pinnacle, OCD, Plimsoul, SLO GTO, and all my on-board amp distortions.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
The underrated VL Micro Vibe plays well with gain.

zul

Gold Supporting Member
Love EQD Depths before Kingsley Minstrel.
Control of low throb is handy when piling on gain.
Mine is voiced for chewy midrange with bite to taste.
Versa Vibe has this parameter too IMHO.

axdxm

Silver Supporting Member
I've never had a problem with a vibe that comes BEFORE distortion.

Trending Topics