What's the biggest act you've seen - in the SMALLEST venue?

rks89

I saw Pearl Jam play the Paramount a few years ago. That place is decent size but WAY small for a PJ show in Seattle. They played with Bill Frisell and the Presidents that night too. It rocked.

BadgerEE

Saw Pearl Jam in 1991 (I think) in the downstairs bar of a place called Winter's on El Cajon Blvd. in San Diego. They were unknowns at the time and EV was a friend of the promoter of the place. Maybe 20-30 people.

rks89

Saw Pearl Jam in 1991 (I think) in the downstairs bar of a place called Winter's on El Cajon Blvd. in San Diego. They were unknowns at the time and EV was a friend of the promoter of the place. Maybe 20-30 people.

Touche.

lhallam

Guess it would have to be ABB Fall of 1970 in a place that held about 200. No chairs we sat on the floor and the stage was about 1 foot high. Killer show, changed my life.

darth550

Van Halen at a Bar Mitzvah party at The Smoke House restaurant in the 70's

Devo at a backyard birthday party for a spoiled rotten kid in high school.

jtg116

Too Many Guitars, Too Little Time
Pink Floyd at Hunter College in '72 around, then afew months later at Carnegie Hall. Dark Side was an evolving piece. Times are fuzzy many lost brain cells.

Frankee

Wartime Consigliere
Chrissie Hynde and Elvis Costello acoustic set at a small bar in Orange County.
Surreal.

bilbal

Ten Years After, Nazareth, and Blackfoot at an old skating rink in Misquamicut, RI. Maybe a capacity of 400 (tops).

cyrja

Trey Anastasio in a local sports bar with house band

Mumford & Sons, this year at a house party

mesa/boogieman

Guns N' Roses at the Warfield in San Francisco. Yeah it was Axl and a bunch of nobodies but they did an awesome job that night.

ReidS

Stevie Ray Vaughan at Bogarts.. a little club here in Cincy,it was on his first tour when "Texas Flood" had just come out..what a show!

cjs42079

Smashing Pumpkins at Tramps in NYC in April 1999, capacity 1000. Small club show to welcome the return of Jimmy Chamberlin and test out new material for the soon to be recorded Machina album. I was about 10 feet from stage. I'll never forget the the final encore, Geek USA - I could feel the floor bouncing under my feet, bodies pushing everywhere, band rawking at insanely loud volume. This was also one of the last shows with the original Pumpkins line-up. RIP. Probably my #1 concert memory.

http://archive.org/details/sp1999-04-14.flac16

steveRB

I saw KANSAS play a tavern called Mother's in Topeka, Kansas when I was 15 years old. It wasn't much bigger than my living room and the band wasn't all on stage, the violinist had to play in front of the stage.

When my friend and I got to place they told us we had to be 18 years old. We explained we already bought the tickets and didn't have a ride home (our maid had dropped us off), so they let us sit behind the bar and watch. :D I remember they opened the show with Song For America.

sixty2strat

George Thororgood at JC Dobbs, 150 people

SRV at the tower theater, saw CSN there in 1985

Bert Jansch at a neighborhood bar in Philly maybe a 100 people if that

Black Crows at the chestnut cabert ..300 ?

bluesjuke

Disrespected Elder
Rory Gallagher at the Bottom Line, NYC in '78.

BB King in a tent in Florida, maybe '88.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom