1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the cheapest pedal you currently own, use, and love?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by hippieboy, May 28, 2020.

1. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

So, what's the cheapest pedal you currently own, use, and love? not the one you used in the past, or liked or read good things about it, or had in the past liked it but sold it. We are talking about the one you own but also used on your board right now and you love.

We all know that one person cheap is another person expensive, but that's not important here, if your cheapest pedal (that you own/use/love) is $200 or $300 then it's ok, as long as it's the cheapest

Tuner pedals doesn't count.

Mine is ditto looper, I don't have it anymore in my big board because I needed the space, but I have it on my small board and I use it all the time to study, write stuff or play around, I'm actually thinking what can I do to get it on the big board again.

2. Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie Member

Seymour Duncan Booster Pedal. Paid $24 used at GC. It's indispensable.

3. HomeInMyShoes

HomeInMyShoes Member

My BOSS SD-1 was even cheaper than my Ditto Looper. I love both of them and wouldn't hesitate to buy them again if needed.

4. hunter

hunter Supporting Member

Do I have to love it?

5. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

Way Huge Overrated Special. 98€ on Sale.
    Love it with my LP and the Archer Ikon

6. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

Don't be afraid to love!

7. Barnzy

Barnzy Member

MXR phase 90... current production with the box logo. It is a perfect phaser pedal and I don’t think it needs an upgrade or a boutique treatment. I actually like it better than the script logo version.

8. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

That's a great pedal sometimes I've thought about selling all the expensive gear and keep a medium board with simple great pedals, this one is always on the list.

9. DinoMikeSr

DinoMikeSr Member

Behringer TO800 $28. I bought one once the JHS channel confirmed it was the same circuit as the Tube Screamer. I would never drop the coin for an original TS. It freaking sounds amazing and stacks killer with the Boss SD-1 and Boneshaker.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  10. marcoluz

marcoluz Member

Blooper 590€... ups, sorry :)
    cheapest? Hotone Komp 60€ nice compressor

Scomo and hippieboy like this.
  11. MaoZhengfu

MaoZhengfu Member

Mooer Yellow Comp. $60 off of eBay.

12. scook

scook Supporting Member

Great topic!! I can't think of the name of the pedal, but I have a mooer slow gear clone on my board that I got for a song. I love it because it sounds great, is quiet and easy to dial in, and it does the slow gear thing way better than others I've tried, both pedals and modelers

Flouncingfleasbag and hippieboy like this.
  13. cosmic_ape

cosmic_ape Supporting Member

Mad Professor Simble. I bought it used. I paid a little over a hundred bucks for it. I saw the listing on Reverb and figured “why not”. Freaking. Love. It!

14. CaprioM85

CaprioM85 Member

15. Pizzaking

Pizzaking Member

16. jvin248

jvin248 Member

Bought New:
    Azor 303 Fuzz (Big Muff Pi type) = $20
    Mulady/Moskey Black Rat (RAT+Turbo RAT types)= $25
    Golden Horse (Klon type) = $28

Bought Used:
    Boss DS-1 = $15 and a second for $25 (originally got it to mod but after stacking the pair I never bothered to mod, I had a six knob Boutique pedal)

17. SonicTonic Seeker

SonicTonic Seeker Supporting Member

MojoHand Nebula (original version)

hippieboy likes this.
  18. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

There was a time where I was very close to get one of those, it seems to me like a really cool pedal, never got around to it though, but is still in the back of my mind.

19. Moniker

Moniker Guitarchitect Supporting Member

Caline Pure Sky & Mooer Yellow Comp

I paid $25 each, both are fantastic

loudguitars56, BSG, tochiro and 6 others like this.
  20. cosmic_ape

cosmic_ape Supporting Member

Not only does it sound SUPER close to my Fuchs ODS’s lead channel, it stacks beautifully with other pedals.

If I wanted to add fuzz to my lead tone, my amp would just compress the hell out of it and turn it into mush. The Simble takes that fuzz and adds some mids and cranks it up to 11.

It’s amazing!

maestro007 and hippieboy like this.