• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What's the cheapest pedal you currently own, use, and love?

Linkslover

So, what's the cheapest pedal you currently own, use, and love? not the one you used in the past, or liked or read good things about it, or had in the past liked it but sold it. We are talking about the one you own but also used on your board right now and you love.

We all know that one person cheap is another person expensive, but that's not important here, if your cheapest pedal (that you own/use/love) is $200 or $300 then it's ok, as long as it's the cheapest

Tuner pedals doesn't count.

Mine is ditto looper, I don't have it anymore in my big board because I needed the space, but I have it on my small board and I use it all the time to study, write stuff or play around, I'm actually thinking what can I do to get it on the big board again.
This isn't my cheapest, but it's far and away my best cheap pedal.

Some background.

A couple of years ago I decided to put together a "cheap as possible" mini pedal board. I wound up with 8 pedals and home made board including power supply, e.t.c. st a cost of around $270.

Most of the pedals were okay to pretty good. One or two were disappointing and one was one of the best pedals I've seen.

For $25-$30, I bought a Donner Wave Analog Delay. It's a micro mini pedal (1 inch x 2 inch?) that stacks up well against my $150 Carbon Copy. It's simply a great pedal at at unbelievable price.

Another very good pedal on that board is a Mosky XP Booster pedal. It's a clean boost modeled after the Exotic XP and does a very nice job for under $25.

holoholo

Hey holoholo, I'm really interested in your 3D printed switch for the Zoom MS-50G. Would you have a video, blueprint or layout for this switch? Would you share this?

Yes I think the Zoom MS is a great pedal I bought one for 50 euro, couldn’t believe why someone wanted to get rid of it?

Peace, E.C.
Yes. Send me a pm and I'll send you the blueprints, links, etc.

cdawg22

EHX Crayon
TC Echobrain
DOD GUNSLINGER
TC Spark
Rocktron Short Timer
Morley Little Alligator
EHX Small Stone (black Russian) - they were cheap and readily available at the time - late 90s
EHX LPB-1 I have/have had several of these.

Last edited:

TRE

1. Hotone SPH-1 Phaze $43.19. On board now.
2. Mooer MOD2 Rumble Drive $45.00 at a goin'-outta bidness sale. On board now.

....and very happy.

kingdavidy2k

Animals Pedals 1927 Homerun King Compressor.
Tried all the well known compressors like Diamond, Keeley, analogman, JHS but the Home Run really is a Home Run for me.
Recently returned a Cali76 Compact Deluxe and selling my Thorpy Fat FX General in favour of the Home Run.

mjcoops

I have expensive pedals on my stage board for clean boost, crunch and solo but my rehearsal board has these 3 and they’re pretty much as good – expecially the Fame.

Mosky XP clean boost – less than 20 GBP

Joyo American Sound – great for a pushed tweed breakup on a lowish gain setting - less than 30 GBP

Fame UCD – everything from a bluesy lead to a high gain solo - less than 30 GBP

cdawg22

AN ARION SAD-1 Analog delay. Its fairly old. Most people dont even know they exist. They were cheap pedals, super cheaply made too. I got it for free with an arion chorus also for free when i was 16 when i traded an mxr flanger i hated for something i forgot. Its never left my board. MY vintage deluxe memory man only lasted a year. Sold my timeline. My only delays that stuck are my timefactor and the SAD-1 Its got an amazing sound, unique. Its one of my favs. And when I got it i was going to throw it away. Cause "ew cheap garbage pedals" The guy even gave me the OG box and manual with it. Altho its missing the battery cover
The battery covers are impossible with those. I still have the Octave, EQ, and Stage Tuner (which was the first pedal tuner - preceded the BOSS). The Chorus and Delay are analog BBD circuits. They are currently being modded and coppied in the "boutique" world.

cdawg22

Cant remember who made it, but I've got one of those Chinese Fulltone Ultimate Octave clones, paid $12 shipped direct from China years ago. I replaced some of the values on the board and it's a really great sounding pedal. I've got maybe $15 wrapped up in it.
Joyo?

Last edited:

pughwilliam

Mine was free: a Joyo JF-09 Tremolo. The brother-in-law ordered something else and received this instead. They let him keep it rather than pay the return shipping. Probably gives an idea of the build cost... He's a bass player so didn't need it and sent it along to me.

50$ CDN on amazon right now. I have no need for anything better. Someday, I may get something with tap-tempo and subdivisions. But, then again...

ned7flat5

Mosky Golden Horse which cost less than AUD$30 and lasted one gig before it developed a high pitched whistling noise. But for that gig, my last before the pandemic, it was inspirational (w. Strat/Twin). It’s still sitting on my current board only because I haven’t had to use it since.

The pedal’s sudden demise virtually ensured its favoured status for all time because I never got the chance to get sick of it like the others.

Last edited:

Trending Topics