What's the cheapest pedal you currently own, use, and love?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by hippieboy, May 28, 2020.

1. ToneWarrior

ToneWarrior Member

Mine is a 1981 Boss CE-2. I paid $5 for it. I didn't know what I was getting and the guy I was buying it from didn't know what he was selling.

I went to his house to buy a different pedal and he was selling other pedals and asked me if I was interested in any of them. I asked to try the CE-2 but it kept cutting out and he said he couldn't sell it to me. I told him that I like to fix things and I didn't care that it was doing that so he said ok give me $5 and it's yours. The funny thing is I've never had a problem with it so it must have been his cable. I didn't find out until years later what I had but I still have it and use it.

FWIW I have the waza ce-2 and it sounds just about the same. You'd be hard pressed in a blind test telling them apart.

2. Alter Ego

Alter Ego Member

The Behringer Ultra Tremolo, paid $20 a few years ago. It lives next to some nice expensive boutique neighbors on my board.

fretless and hippieboy like this.
  3. No_Stairway

No_Stairway Supporting Member

Ha! Premier Guitar borrowed this for their FB post. They gave credit to TGP!

fretless, Nevets and hippieboy like this.
  4. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

haha really? show the link.

5. No_Stairway

No_Stairway Supporting Member

No credit to you though! I posted the same comment there as here.

kramazeek, Nevets and hippieboy like this.
  6. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

Haha no problem! nice to see it there though! :)

kramazeek likes this.
  7. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

Arion SCH-Z analog chorus pedal.

Got it for $15 from a local guitar store, in DEAD MINT condition...

And so far, I've yet to find a pedal that I like pedal for that faux leslie/rotary sound...dime the speed and put depth at 40-45% and tone knob to taste...absolutely delicious!! It also does an amazing regular chorus tone!

Fantastic $15 purchase for music stuff!!

RiverDog, Nevets and hippieboy like this.
  8. Googly eyes for lesters

Googly eyes for lesters Member

9. Googly eyes for lesters

Googly eyes for lesters Member

I heard on a Pete thorn review about the Orange two stroke eq/boost pedal and bought it on sale at Sweetwater for $148 new.I love it as my Orange Rocker15 only has a volume with no eq for the clean channel.Weather in front of the amp or in the efx loop it sounds awesome.It has a internal charge pump which doubles the 9v or 12 v power you give it so it ends up being 18v or 24v which gives you more headroom.It's not the cheapest I have,but it's the cheapest that I love

10. Map8487

Map8487 Member

TC Electronic Alter Ego X4. Great delay tones, some modulation tones like chorus, rotary, tremolo, and a looper. It’s got a lot to offer for its price tag. $150 used on most marketplaces. I’ve also had a Flashback X4 that was great as well. After regretting letting that go I picked up the Alter Ego. Still smile every time I play it.

Ramblin390 likes this.
  11. Treepeck

Treepeck Member

I have an Arion Tubulator behind my Route 66...when I'm cruising along and realize that the other instruments are getting out of their tree and aren't going to pull it back for my solos....I punch it and dust them. Picked it up new for $14.99. Best little cheap "fuzzbox" around......sounds better than the tube screamer...boss SOD's or OD's and just about everything else in the stable.

12. 6stringpsyche

6stringpsyche Member

LOVE my Simble too - use it as my 3rd gain stage (Archer - Jam Ray - Simble) usually with one or both on in front (I tend to keep the Archer always on w/real low gain). It's the only OD pedal I have that I can get my shred on without the tone sounding too "hard rock," so it mixes well with my other low to medium gain tones. Also sounds fantastic by itself for slide guitar for my tastes...

cosmic_ape likes this.
  13. 6stringpsyche

6stringpsyche Member

My DCW Pedals Jam Ray - a Jan Ray clone bought off of a friend for $50 (they go for $99 on Reverb). Love, love, love, love, love it! Sounds fantastic by itself or stacked - either into or out of it. I typically use it as my second gain stage with an Archer in front, but I also get a GREAT tone with my NKT 275 Sun Face going into it. Sounds fantastic by itself of course...

fretless and Snare227 like this.
  14. LordThurisaz

LordThurisaz Member

I like the OD11 side of my two Box of Awesome pedals that I have going into a Tech 21 British (has some gain on its own), and coming out of a Headrush FRFR112. It is a great boost pedal when it is giving some gain in addition to what the Tech 21 British is adding.

Nocd likes this.
  15. 76standard

76standard Member

Mine is a Fender Starcaster series analog chorus pedal. Great versatility with controls for level, rate, depth along with high and low filters (EQ). If you can find one on Eb*y or Re*erb for under $40 you will not be disappointed. This one was a sleeper few people know about in today’s market. The sound is lush to sparkly depending on how you EQ the pedal.
    [​IMG]

lugnut111 likes this.
  16. endoscopereviews

endoscopereviews Member

just my dynacomp (second hand for £40) but that's only because my bandmate has commandeered my small stone phaser which I'm pretty sure I only bought because it was £25 on ebay.

it's a limited pedal but still haven't heard a phaser with a warmer tone and a nicer wide sweep.

funnily enough I looked on ebay for one and I see now they're going for well over £100.

17. potatometer

potatometer Member

Cheapest new pedal that I like is the EHX Tone Corset compressor. I can't remember how much I paid for it, but it wasn't very expensive.

After reading this thread I need to dig my MojoMojo out of the pedal drawer and give it another try.

18. Javiceres

Javiceres Member

Modded Blues driver (Monte allum’s H2O+)
    Fifty something used. Most effective clean to mid dirt booster I can think of. Extremely well voiced (fat & clear), extremely useful, extremely cheap, extremely nice.

19. axdxm

axdxm Supporting Member

Fulldrive 2
    It kills in my Komet, no matter what I run through it.

20. Iplaypoorly

Iplaypoorly Member

EHX east river drive I got for $40. It’s killer paired with EHX soul food. Loving my overdrive tones these days.

Cousin, fretless and sasa like this.