What's the closest thing to the boost side of the Fulltone GT-500?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jlearman, Jun 11, 2008.

1. jlearman

jlearman Member

I recently picked up a GT-500...and LOVE the boost side of the pedal. The drive goes from totally clean to a nice bit of crunch. The EQ is totally usable too. However....i'm really not digging the distortion side of the box yet. I'm thinking of picking up another boost & dist to replace it, but I'd like to ask you guys if you know of another boost that's similar. This is the first "boost" pedal I've ever owned...so I have no idea...

Thanks a lot!
    Joe

2. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

I believe that's the same circuit as the new Fat Boost 2.

3. jlearman

jlearman Member

well...that'll probably do it :) Thanks!

4. Gigbag

Gigbag Member

I have the GT-500 and like the boost side and find it more useful than the distortion side on its own. I do like both sides when stacked with other dirt and fuss pedals though.

I think I read some quotes before that the Fat Boost2 was not the same circuit. I have never tried it, so I don't know how it compares.

5. ecm1117

ecm1117 Member

Don't be too quick to give up on the distortion side! I really like it when played at gig volumes through my Allen Accomplice (Fender clone). This pedal takes time to dial in. My settings for the distortion side: bass at 10:00, mids at 2:00, treble down to 10:00 (don't be afraid to turn that treble down).

6. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member