• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What's the coolest guitar you've seen from NAMM so far?

kracdown

Custom User Title
Platinum Supporting Member
For me, it has to be the ES Les Paul. I played it for an hour. Huge neck, crazy resonant. My wallet already hurts...

Unlike the florentine models this will have ES type construction and be in between $2,000 and $3,000 I think. What do you guys say?

matte

want.

especially with f holes.
For me, it has to be the ES Les Paul. I played it for an hour. Huge neck, crazy resonant. My wallet already hurts...

Unlike the florentine models this will have ES type construction and be in between $2,000 and $3,000 I think. What do you guys say?

scott520

Silver Supporting Member

DAMN'T! I feared this day would come and I new it would come at a time when I'm broke as a joke! LOL! I won't rest until I try it! I think its sweet! I'd probably take the guard off though.

scott520

Silver Supporting Member
Uggg on the F-holes

How is this different than a Chambered LP other than the F-holes?
If it is indeed utilizing 335 type construction then it would be made from laminate woods where as the chambered LP is carved out solid mahogany with a solid maple cap. Not sure if Gibson would go that route with the back and sides but the top would definitely be laminate.

As for the F-holes, I'm the exact opposite. I really dig them. In fact I'd like it better if they were accented with binding. Different strokes for different folks though! :D

markw1980

My favorite so far (that I have seen in pictures only) is the Gibson Trini Lopez reissue. Yowza!

Simto

Trini Lopez reissue hands down!

I already have a DG-335 but man.. i i really like the "normal" Trini Lopez model too!

VegasGreg

Silver Supporting Member
For me, it's the Guthrie Govan Charvel.

Also really dug the 30th Anniversary Jackson Soloists.

kracdown

Custom User Title
Platinum Supporting Member
Saw this one on Facebook. Don't know the story behind it, but I want one!

I played it. The Bigsby is kind of weird because there's like no angle on it, but it actually played and sounded really cool. Quality and feel was on par with the Japanese made Gretsch guitars (it was made in Indonesia)

Paul-A

Uggg on the F-holes

Gotta say I don't like the f-holes either. No probs with f-holes on a downsize archtop or Les Paul style guitar but here they look out of proportion. Check out the Ibanez George Benson to see how it should be done...

matte

from where i sit? the es paul appears to be a full scale semi hollow version of my very first guitar, the es 140.

Uggg on the F-holes

Gotta say I don't like the f-holes either. No probs with f-holes on a downsize archtop or Les Paul style guitar but here they look out of proportion. Check out the Ibanez George Benson to see how it should be done...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom